Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame Nominee nominations

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Um... yeah, that still only counts as one vote for Jazz, so you have one vote left if you want to use it.
    OK, I add Wheeljack

Default Update

It looks like the Seibertron Poll has moved onto the next stage.

Fudge Yeah!!!

Courtesy of TFW2005... Waspinator has been inducted into the 2011 Hall of Fame!

Despite badges, banners, and a fun tongue in cheek video from Hasbro, Erector did not look like it was ever seriously taken as a contender by Hasbro. The character got quite a loud boo on announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Despite badges, banners, and a fun tongue in cheek video from Hasbro, Erector did not look like it was ever seriously taken as a contender by Hasbro. The character got quite a loud boo on announcement.
    Hell yeah! - I'm glad to hear that there was a boo but do you think it was a boo for the character or for his nomination?

I'm just happy to see such a brilliantly written and acted character make it into the Hall of Fame as he was the most deserving of this year's nominees, but also some much deserved further recognition for Beast Wars!
    (So far the only decent BW related thing to come out of BOTCON 2011)

This is SO great, that's 2 for 2 Gee-Wunners : Waspinator is king of the Fleshies once again!

The nomination. And not a boo, quite a few loud boos. I joined in. For the nomination I'm sure.

Hoping they put the clip up Hasbro made online for you all to watch. It was funny and a fair bit of work had gone into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The nomination. And not a boo, quite a few loud boos. I joined in. For the nomination I'm sure.

Hoping they put the clip up Hasbro made online for you all to watch. It was funny and a fair bit of work had gone into it.
    Ah ok, I hope it was for the nomination because it was a group of fan's fault he was even nominated, not his own.
    I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for when they upload the lot, they put last years entrants up on the Hasbro Site last year by memory.

Aww, why were you booing or pleased at the booing? This is all just fun
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Why were you booing or pleased at the booing? This is all just fun.
    Have a look over at some of the comments on other boards and you might see why, I agree it's all in fun but clearly some people take it more seriously than others (That's not in reference to Paulbot ).

My faith in Hasbro was restored when Aaron Archer said 'We take this (HOF) seriously, and hope you do as well. We had a lot of fun doing this (the Erector clip), but don't want to do this again.

With all the big-wigs and special guests at these things, it doesn't surprise me that people at Hasbro wouldn't want them to see the fandom as immature, childish or irresponsible with the rare formal offerings we get from Hasbro. The fun has now been had getting a 'joke' name into the voting process, but I would hate to see a more dedicated movement next year for some other obscure joke-named character.

It was interesting to hear the applause for each nominee's clip differ. Waspinator had the most applause, while Ironhide had the least (Soundwave and Ratchet were in the middle, while Erector actually got booed - twice.