Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generation Waspinator

Default Generation Waspinator

So BBTS have pushed the pre-order of Generations Waspinator back to September, some 10 months after it was originally slated to be available on their website (don't worry - I sent them an email passing on my thoughts...)

I was just wondering if anyone might have a spare MOSC Waspy, or know where I might be able to get one?

Just a tentative inquiry at this stage.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    So BBTS have pushed the pre-order of Generations Waspinator back to September, some 10 months after it was originally slated to be available on their website (don't worry - I sent them an email passing on my thoughts...)

I was just wondering if anyone might have a spare MOSC Waspy, or know where I might be able to get one?

Just a tentative inquiry at this stage.
    I'm curious to know what your thoughts are considering they appear to have been doing everything they can to get more in. People have been getting them as BBTS secure some here and there but they can't sell a product they don't have. And it's not like they can buy them from somewhere else. Apart from scalpers on ebay nowhere else has them to sell.

They are at Hasbro's mercy and you seem to be blaming them for something they have no control over.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by BBTS' previous Email
    Hi - We wanted to update you about the status of your preorder for Generation Deluxe Wave 01 figures. Hasbro unfortunately had a large shortage on this assortment and filled only 20% of our order, which is extremely unusual. We were recently notified that no more inventory was available and nothing further would be shipped to us. Using our large supply network we were able to track down a significant amount of inventory from another market (at $135 a case!) We are very pleased to be able to fill your preorders on this item, and we apologize for the delay.
    Promised, but did not deliver.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Yay. Damn Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Promised, but did not deliver.
    They said the same thing to me... but since I was ordering two full sets plus one Waspinator, I noted their email also saying that they would fulfil orders of 1-2 sets first.
    The thing that bugs me is that prior to this week's announcement, my third Waspinator was given the pre-order date that matched the delayed Waspy wave (Feb then March), NOT the pre-order date of the Chormia/Arcee wave (April). But now they've moved my Waspinator into that Chromia/Arcee wave, as if I was one who pre-ordered it after that wave was released in around January.

No online stores look to still have the Hasbro version (several still have the JP one if you are desperate, but don't mind the shiny look like the cartoon). Amazon US had one, but the seller won't ship to Australia (and it was US$36 too). Amazon UK had one listed as well, but for about AU$50, and unlikely to ship here anyway.
    The cheapest I could find on ebay was US$35 plus $35 shipping (AU$78)... or AU$68 each if you bought three (from one dealer who had 3 in stock).
    I'd like to hope that the Waspinator wave is one that Hasbro Australia is sitting on, but I doubt it, as it was implied that they were sitting on the first wave since its release last year... so would not be ordering in more waves if they weren't selling the wave they are sitting on.
    As soon as hear back from Hasbro Australia about it, I'll certainly pass on the info.

But until then, if they don't appear elsewhere in the next few weeks at least, the price will keep going up (it's already $35 or higher now) until the Chromia/Arcee wave in September. Even if the delayed Waspy wave comes into stock at BBTS this month, most will be kept or scalped at $50+ prices.

Cheers, Griff - any and all info would be great.

Yeah, I had a bit of a hunt around the other online stores, and eBay, and was very disheartened with what I could find.

I'm getting both the Hasbro and Takara versions of Rhinox and Waspy (and Rattrap, if Takara put one out), but I was contemplating keeping the Takara boys in their boxes for prosperity and open the Hasbro ones to play with.

*sigh* I guess I'll just ship the small pile of loot I have with them once Rattrap becomes available, and leave the pre-order with BBTS, hoping some other BW-themed toys might get released later in the year, however unlikely that is. Or maybe BBTS will stock the Ghostbusters lego set.

Regardless, it's an incredibly frustrating situation. I don't buy toys often (haven't bought a TF since Henkei Dinobot) so to come out of the woodword and be faced with a predicament like this is very frustrating, made so at every turn by Hasbro's ineptitude - firstly in producing the toy and then in their getting it to Australian stores.

I've been in contact with Tracie from BBTS Customer Service. I queried her on the details in the previous email about sourcing toys from alternate suppliers, and the following was her response:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracie at BBTS
    I do understand your frustration and we have put out conflicting information, because we were receiving conflicting information. We apologize for the supply problem on this particular wave. Hasbro USA has canceled all open purchase orders on this series and will not be able to fill our remaining order with them. We then purchased a large amount of inventory overseas and air shipped it in, but upon arrival we discovered that the overseas vendor had shipped us wave 02 and not wave 01. At this time we are still exploring more options with several vendors and still waiting to hear back from them. At this point we are in a holding pattern and and once again we apologize for the shortage from Hasbro and the long delay. As soon as an update is provided we will be sure to let everyone know.
    So, all in all, it sounds like a proper cock-up starting right at the top with Hasbro. Cheers Hasbro.

Selling a Hasbro Waspinator and Rhinox - $65 for both. Who is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Selling a Hasbro Waspinator and Rhinox - $65 for both. Who is interested?
    Sadly I've already paid for my Rhinox from BBTS

I feel your pain Verno Hasbro most likely delayed further production of the awesome generation figures to make the not so awesome tf4 movie ones causing the delays we are seeing to suppliers like BBTS

I received the same emails about them sourcing stock from elsewhere too. I pre-ordered a full set back in Nov and my eta is still showing March but based on your last email about the offshore supplier stuffing up I don't like my chances of getting this set anytime before September

I guess we'll all just need to be patient