Thread: New Lego collector with two questions.

Default New Lego collector with two questions.

I've just started collecting Lego, in particular the Marvel Universe stuff. I'm just wondering two things.

First. Can I order a replacement sticker sheet from Lego. I looked in their store and only found plastic pieces listed.

Second. As there are relatively few sets in the Lego Marvel range I'd like to get as many as I can. (It has only been on the market since 2012 and there are 22 sets released so far.) So is there a good place to get older sets, either brick and mortar or online? (I already know more reputable sites like BBTS won't sell outside their own country.)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've just started collecting Lego, in particular the Marvel Universe stuff. I'm just wondering two things.

First. Can I order a replacement sticker sheet from Lego. I looked in their store and only found plastic pieces listed.

Second. As there are relatively few sets in the Lego Marvel range I'd like to get as many as I can. (It has only been on the market since 2012 and there are 22 sets released so far.) So is there a good place to get older sets, either brick and mortar or online? (I already know more reputable sites like BBTS won't sell outside their own country.)
    Could be worth submitting an enquiry through the replacement part page. They are good with replacing parts, I don't know about stickers though. Worth a crack at least.

eBay is worth a search for older sets. Bricklink can be alright too, but they know the value of a set so you might find some are more expensive. You may also be able to find a replacement sticker sheet there if Lego can't/wont send you a new one.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Try also Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Can get a few of the sets a year or so after.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

If you are travelling in country areas try toy worlds/ uncle Petes, one true and myer stores also have older sets, prices will be more than big w though, sometimes you'll luck out.

Gumtree can sometimes come through for rrp or near enough.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Try also Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Can get a few of the sets a year or so after.
    I've never tried B&N. Do they ship in a timely manner and have reasonable S&H charges?

I tried Amazon, most Lego seems to be restricted but I did get one big set from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've never tried B&N. Do they ship in a timely manner and have reasonable S&H charges?

I tried Amazon, most Lego seems to be restricted but I did get one big set from last year.
    Reasonable S&H charges but slow. I ordered last year for the original Hulk lab set b/c it was cheaper than locally (after shipping)

For Amazon, its the larger sets you should aim for. Most of the smaller sets are break-even at best when you factor in S&H.

US TRU is another option. Some things go and some things don't. I haven't used personally but I know of a few board members that have used it and recommend it.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Amazon France also does cheap LEGO. But you would either need to know French, or know someone that knows French, or use Google Translate (which I am not sure is 100% all the time).

I ordered the last of the 2013 sets I needed from B&N. Saved $40 over what I would have had to pay from shop.lego.com. Looks like I'll have to hit ebay for the 2012 sets.