Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for stripping paint off G1 figures

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

really? i love the GW stuff.. esecially the bottles! their flat black has to be the best.. not too thick and not too thin.. THe only problem wit the GW stuff is the unfortunate fact that it tends to dry too quickly... mix it in with a bit of water and ure alright..

gimem the GW stuff any day over tamiya etc...

Ive found the paints to be decent, they do dry very quickly which is great.

But then again I am doing very basic stuff with mine Burn, not yet up to the detail you do with your figures.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

pffffft. Mine aren't detailed. They're half-arsed pieces of crap that sometimes turn out looking good.

Games Workshop do have their newer paints which cover a lot better with one coat compared to the old paints. I think they are called foundation paints.

They have two different types of paint now, the regular black lidded paints and some fancy new white lidded paints that do seem to be thicker...

And Burn, perhaps its the stinking humidity of where you live that the paints don't like!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And Burn, perhaps its the stinking humidity of where you live that the paints don't like!
    It very much could be. I found they were lumping up within 10 mins of taking the lid off. Probably should have used some thinners but by the end of it I decided to go back to using the Humbrol stuff (which I use because it's all the hobby shop in town stocks)