Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Blackarachnia

I want the spider web. Stuff the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Cheers mate

Why did you link to a whole other thread just to say ‘yeah, what UltraMarginal said’?
    I assumed it was to avoid derailing this thread. Best to continue the LMIB discussion over there.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I cannot think of too many repaint potentials for this mould other than a Hasbro toy-accurate redeco. Appeal for the Japanese market would be limited as they never had this deco in their market (original JP Black Widow had a more cartoon-like colour scheme so may be too similar to the standard version)

Which brings us to where we are today...

So.... have TakaraTomy sacrificed potential remoulds of Tarantulas and Tigatron just to make Blackarachnia and Cheetor more screen-accurate (for fans to spend hundreds of dollars on a toy that is more for display, than play).
    It seems that the alt mode of Cheetor and both modes of Blackarchnia (the main body, not the legs, which could be easily swapped out for thicker tarantula legs), might not be able to support the engineering of transformation. Maybe that's why the BW Masterpieces are so much more expensive, because they can't factor in profit from redecos and remoulds like they could with most of the Gen1 MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

They are definitely highlighting it's poseability in robot mode, and I guess if the toy didn't do all those feminine poses and moves like in the cartoon, it wouldn't feel "real" as the ultimate (Masterpiece) Blackarachnia toy.

Also a promo video from TakaraTomy on youtube.

Continuing the trend of recent MPs being released in America (with an extra outer "English" box for the American market), it looks like Blackarachnia (Blackwidow) will get an American release as well... which means it could come here (if somewhere like Zing are interested).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So.... have TakaraTomy sacrificed potential remoulds of Tarantulas and Tigatron just to make Blackarachnia and Cheetor more screen-accurate (for fans to spend hundreds of dollars on a toy that is more for display, than play).
    It seems that the alt mode of Cheetor and both modes of Blackarchnia (the main body, not the legs, which could be easily swapped out for thicker tarantula legs), might not be able to support the engineering of transformation. Maybe that's why the BW Masterpieces are so much more expensive, because they can't factor in profit from redecos and remoulds like they could with most of the Gen1 MPs.
    You'd think they could go for a transmetals look with minor mods.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

This toy will not be big, so those arachnid legs are probably about as thin as they can be,
    Which brings us to where we are today...

lol at that product description. I sense Google Translate at play.