Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Pre-movie

i dunno i only have goals then thats it, like completing my henkei and animated. I never really like the first movies' toy line but this years ROTF buwahahahaha... neways what i meant is i only get what i really want and i like not all of it. lik efo rexample i havent got any scouts mainly deluuxe class and voyagers and leaders, i dont event know if i will get legends i just dont like the size hehehe

im really trying not to buy anything pre movie as im concentrating on G1 atm, but so far not too much of it interests me that much anyway except for the leaders, sideswipe, breakaway and all the others but i'll wait until i see the movie.....hopefully the movie is crap and i wont want to buy any but i really dont see that happening

I don't think buying pre-movie's an issue. A large part for me about TFs is not only the nostalgic/fictional side but also the engineering side. Once I was far more fiction-based but these days I take an inquisitive interest in new TFs hence why I'm happy to buy them pre-movie.

The power of returnability also helps as well.

As for buying a lot of toys... I know I've got a problem
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I'm bit of a completist but i generally won't buy repaints, Animated being the exception. The movie lines aren't that hot given the hype of the movie (i'm not expecting much) so i'm trying to wait until i see it so i only get figures featured in the movie.

I buy pre movie for the scouts alone. For the deluxes, Ill wait til its a sale - sideswipe in particular I dont dig the silver color, Ill wait for the G1 repaint ( someone from Botcon confirmed that its going to be an official repaint in red anyways). The figures I got from last movie I wont get anymore (except mebbe Starscream - if he gets repainted and gets to be on sale). Megatron is still a horrible toy be it jet or crab tank, so I wont be getting even if it is a different version.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Funy thing about the Scouts, I dion't dig em as much as I thought I would. I mean they are nice but I prefer the larger toys, the wave one scouts are actualy just a little to brighty coloured for me, I prefer my movie toys in more subdued colours it seems.

I actualy rather like Voyager Megatron, He finaly looks intimidating in bot mode.