Thread: Going to America, what to buy.

Default Going to America, what to buy.

I have a friend going to America and have been asked if there is anything I'd like.
    I mainly collect movieverse, CHUG and TF Prime.
    I have made the following list of stuff I am having trouble surfacing in Oz,
    Generations Windblade, Roadbuster, Hoist, Trailcutter and Cosmos and Payload, as well as the Autobot Data Discs.
    I was looking for some feedback on any others that are worth getting.
    Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks.

Don't be afraid to price match with TRU. They don't check stock or availability, just show them your phone with the price.

shopping in the states can be very hit and miss, some places will be empty and other places will be loaded. it might be worth reminding your friend that s/he shouldn't stop by every potential toy store to look for you or they might miss out on actually having a hliday.

having said that,
    TRU, Target, Walmart are the best bet for current product, (more recent [3-6months] generations and Movie toys.)

Five Below, Big Lots, Marshalls, T.J Maxx can be a great opportunity for items that have been moved on from mainline department stores and are being clearanced. they have small toy sections that are a mess but their prices are marked to clear. Product is inconsistent from store to store. they are usually in the larger outdoor mall type areas so can be hard to get to without a car.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

America is a good place to find a bride ..I suggest looking in Queens.

But naah, I have never been to Murica but lucky you!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

From what I've learnt listening the Seibertron podcast stock in the US is hit and miss. Goto Seibertron and TFW's forums and check their sightings threads for the area your visiting to get an idea what the areas supplies are like. Some areas get stock of every wave and it sells out (often to scalpels). Other areas are not as bad as Australia at getting stock but they do end up with a single wave warming the shelves for a long time. Even Americans have to goto BBTS and others to get items that should be on local shelves because of how hit and miss they are.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.