Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Um... that's really weird. That's a Universe Hot Shot that's been assembled with a part from the Henkei version. It would ordinarily say 'ROD' on the blank half of the number plate, so yours would have said 'JAROD' if it were painted. The gap under the licence plate is a result of the two different mould designs:

BTW, I believe there's already a thread for this sort of thing here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...893#post111893

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Must have been made right on "beer-'o-clock" on a friday arvo. The guy who made it thought close enough.

This is actually quite funny. I'm still giggling at it. "wHy mY ShouLdeRs NoT FiNisHeD?"

Ah drat, VP beat me. I was looking it up on the net while posting to check if your toy was "unique" Seems to be so far.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    BTW, I believe there's already a thread for this sort of thing
    I thought so! I used the board's search engine for "quality" on thread topics, but nothing came up, and obviously because the thread uses the abbreviation "Q/C"! How elusive!

Mods please merge.

I also did suspect that this panel might have come from Henkei but having never seen one before I wasn't sure. Quite strange that the "ROD" is missing. So it appears that I have a Henkeiverse Hot Shod. ;p

P.S.: How do you think this could've happened? Wouldn't Takara's factory (which Hasbro also uses) have separate production lines for Takara and Hasbro products? :/

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post

This is actually quite funny. I'm still giggling at it. "wHy mY ShouLdeRs NoT FiNisHeD?"
    Hehehe

Yeah Gok I think you have one of those beer-o-clock exclusives which every collector should be proud to have. It would have been 500% better if it actually did say JA ROD though.

P.S.: How do you think this could've happened? Wouldn't Takara's factory (which Hasbro also uses) have separate production lines for Takara and Hasbro products? :/
    Yeah which means that Hasbro's cost cutting is even more shameless - They are likely to be paying the factory and workers the same as TakTom would but are cutting costs in production to maximize profit.

Why bother. Your making pretty much the same thing for different times. They probably popped out the Takara stuff, and then got straight onto making Hasbro's stuff while the machines are still set up for the Hot Shot mould. The only changes would be the colours and the change with the rear gap + lack of guns. Or the other way around, depending on which was done first
    With something like Dinobot or one of the other physically identical moulds, then its just 1 change
    I think it is only efficient, and reasonable
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Default Re

I had once, animated blitzwing missing a tail wing.

My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...

With most of the stuff I bought overseas, I was content with removing it from the packaging and trying to cram as many as possible into a parcel back home (sounds frought with peril, but only one thing - Classics' Jeffire's antenna - wound up broken). But with certain things I wanted them back home and in their proper boxes.

It turns out that Battle Convoy's box is too long to fit in the largest JapanPost shipping box, so I had to remove him.

It just so happened however his battery cover was missing. As the cover also contains a... conducting plate? (no doubt it has a proper name) the electronics would be useless. If I had shipped him back MISB he would have been useless.

So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.

But I got a new Battle Convoy and all is well.

I wish I was back in Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot_101
    My only major QC issue was with the G2 Battle Convoy reissue. When I bought him I was in Japan at the time. Damn, I still try and drop that into conversation...
    Don't worry... I bought most of my early Beast Wars TFs from Japan and I still try to drop that into conversations... like just now!

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot_101
    So I took him back to the store - Yodabashi Camera in fact - and tried to explain my predicament. It was a bit of a chore. I know only about six words of Japanese and most of those are from WW2 movies (unfortunately Tora! Tora! Tora! is only classed as one word). So I was doing a lot of pointing and wishing I wasn't such an idiot.
    I'd be willing to serve as your interpreter so long as you pay for return flight and accomodation. <nyuck nyuck nyuck>

Back on topic, my ROTF Brawn has a fleck of gold paint on his green sternum. But I cbb to refund/exchange him, although it'd be easy cos I keep seeing lots of him everywhere. Meh.

my second scattershot had a yellow speck on his leg. Replace leg with one i already have glad i didnt return it now