Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFC game brand new $54 at Dicksmith

Default WFC game brand new $54 at Dicksmith

I realise this should probably go somewhere else but i thought more people might see it here and get it cheap. unless this gets moved somewhere else
    WFC game brand new $54 at Dicksmith. I saw it on the catlogue. i dont know anywhere where they will beat it but still better that $79

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    I realise this should probably go somewhere else but i thought more people might see it here and get it cheap. unless this gets moved somewhere else
    WFC game brand new $54 at Dicksmith. I saw it on the catlogue. i dont know anywhere where they will beat it but still better that $79
    jb hifi had it for $59 and i got game to do it for $58. so game will do it for $53 if you tell them

That's a bloody good price.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Went to GAME today to pricematch, apparently the price was too ridiculous, so they refused...

Ended up buyin it at Dick Smith.

So much for their pricematch policy.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Ceddy-Con View Post
    Went to GAME today to pricematch, apparently the price was too ridiculous, so they refused...

Ended up buyin it at Dick Smith.

So much for their pricematch policy.
    Actually they have the stickers on them saying they will beat any price - so they should have sold it to you for $53.

I really don't see how $5 cheaper than what i paid is too ridiculous to sell to you. Should have complained about how lousy they are.

If you can prove it in a DSE catalogue or a printout of their website, then Game will price-match.

I did this to them when I took along a printout of the JB-hifi offer.

Yea, I had the catalouge with me. But the guy at the desk said the manager told them not to price match any Dick Smith items cause the prices were too 'ridculous'? LOL, should I sue?

I wanted to buy from GAME to get more points on my card. Oh well, more money for Dick I guess.

Take it to another Game. Also I suppose you can tell them "what happened to beat any price??"

I got mine from Game for $59

Quote Originally Posted by De-Ceddy-Con View Post
    Yea, I had the catalouge with me. But the guy at the desk said the manager told them not to price match any Dick Smith items cause the prices were too 'ridculous'? LOL, should I sue?

I wanted to buy from GAME to get more points on my card. Oh well, more money for Dick I guess.
    yeah i bought it from game to get more points on my card as well. i think you would win if you sue but the effort and cost would really make it a big hassle.

i'd agree with saintly and say to try another game store and if that still doesnt work i would point out that their work practices are unethical.

the reasoning behind their refusal to price match you is 'rediculous!' i saw their stock of mirrors edge on pc that they were trying to sell for $4 and a number of good 360/ps3 titles between $8 and $24.

but really, if they dont like how it works they shouldnt really be in this business. currently in my opinion they are just as bad as EB.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    yeah i bought it from game to get more points on my card as well. i think you would win if you sue but the effort and cost would really make it a big hassle.

i'd agree with saintly and say to try another game store and if that still doesnt work i would point out that their work practices are unethical.

the reasoning behind their refusal to price match you is 'rediculous!' i saw their stock of mirrors edge on pc that they were trying to sell for $4 and a number of good 360/ps3 titles between $8 and $24.

but really, if they dont like how it works they shouldnt really be in this business. currently in my opinion they are just as bad as EB.
    haha, yea, I don't think I'll sue. $54's not too bad a deal from Dick Smith. Probably wouldn't have racked up much points on the GAME card either.

Like you said, GAME's prices are just as ridiculous. I saw FF13 Collector's Edition for only $58 in store. If anyone's been holdin out on that game, now's your chance to get it cheap with the extras that come with the collector's edition. I'm kinda annoyed that I bought the stand alone game for $48 when an extra $10 would've netted me those extras. Oh well.

And a big thankyou to primatives for letting people know about the price. I would've totally missed it and be stuck on youtube watching the WFC trailer again & again wishing I was playing it.