Page 268 of 870 FirstFirst ... 248258263264265266267268269270271272273278288 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Thats not strange, that's just Toys R Us

Come on guys, you really think they even looked I gave up calling stores a looooooong time ago. Best to go in yourself.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Waste of time if TRU honors the "holds" requested.

Just got mine from Bankstown $112
    1 left saw a few on hold thouhh

I called TRU Castle Hill this morning -- I was assured that they had none left. So I asked the lady go check the shelves. She came back and told me that they had 2 left. So I reserved one, then went and picked it up about an hour ago and saw the other one on reserve. So there's none left on the shelves now (I went and checked too).

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Just got mine from Bankstown $112
    1 left saw a few on hold thouhh
    One of those was mine Just picked mine up at Bankstown, one left on the shelf. Good toy for $112.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Waste of time if TRU honors the "holds" requested.
    Didn't heed my own advice. Chatswood sold out - 16 pcs. All reserved not even displayed.

Staff is asking what the big deal is. He asked if people are reselling. But I think they should leave some store stock and not reserve everything specially for new release - whatever happened to "first come first serve".

I just thought it would be too much hassle to talk to someone who didn't know what I was asking about and drove there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    One of those was mine Just picked mine up at Bankstown, one left on the shelf. Good toy for $112.
    If there's still stock there and a member is getting it, kindly pick one up for me for $112.

Staff just asked me to call next week and they'll reserve one for me but the coupon/discount is no longer valid then

But I think they should leave some store stock and not reserve everything specially for new release - whatever happened to "first come first serve".
    Well, it is still first come first serve - it's just that people are "coming" first through the phone rather than in store, but they're still coming in store to collect the toys.

I just thought it would be too much hassle to talk to someone who didn't know what I was asking about and drove there.
    It is a lot of hassle! I spent half my afternoon/evening calling TRUs yesterday and spending most of that time being put on hold, and when you finally get through, people don't know what you're talking about (the number of times they thought I meant Ultimate Optimus Prime or Optimus Maximus, even when I quote the SKN to them); and a lot of times they either told me that they did have the toy in stock (but after I insisted on a physical check, verified that they didn't) - and in the case of Caso TRU, telling me that they were out and after insisting on a physical check, confirmed that they weren't!! Apparently there's only 2 per case (not surprising considering the size). So if you want this toy sooner rather than later, be prepared to call around and go through the whole rigmarole multiple times in the vague hope of being able to reserve one -- but don't get your hopes up. I went through a LOT of hassle yesterday and came out empty handed, then perserved this morning, and that's how I got the toy.

Yesterday TRU head office told me that there's deliveries scheduled today and Monday, which means that the toys may arrive at some TRUs either today or Monday. But there's also a chance that the toys may arrive tonight and sit in the back room over the weekend -- so keep on trying. If you call up on Sat or Sun, get them to check the back room, palettes etc., because head office told me that they don't do deliveries or shelving on weekends, so if the assortments arrive tonight, they're going to sit on palettes until the next scheduled shelving on Monday.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Well, it is still first come first serve - it's just that people are "coming" first through the phone rather than in store, but they're still coming in store to collect the toys.
    You know that isn't the same. Just look at the new Iphone/Ipad lines or new limited shoes lines. That's first come first serve. Coming on the phone first?

How long are these reserves valid? If people are wanting them so much, the reserve time should be limited. If you don't get em today, it should be for sale for others tomorrow or something like that.

It is a lot of hassle! I spent half my afternoon/evening calling TRUs yesterday and spending most of that time being put on hold, and when you finally get through, people don't know what you're talking about (the number of times they thought I meant Ultimate Optimus Prime or Optimus Maximus, even when I quote the SKN to them); and a lot of times they either told me that they did have the toy in stock (but after I insisted on a physical check, verified that they didn't) - and in the case of Caso TRU, telling me that they were out and after insisting on a physical check, confirmed that they weren't!! Apparently there's only 2 per case (not surprising considering the size). So if you want this toy sooner rather than later, be prepared to call around and go through the whole rigmarole multiple times in the vague hope of being able to reserve one -- but don't get your hopes up. I went through a LOT of hassle yesterday and came out empty handed, then perserved this morning, and that's how I got the toy.
    But the hassle on the phone is not equivalent to wasting petrol, running first to the store/shelves only to find out that it's reserved. Like I said I should've called first since it's just phone call effort/time wasted compared to petrol/rush/etc.

Good luck.
    Thanks!