Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: May Acquisitions

Collected my Metalforce Optimus Prime today
    Abit disappointed yet excited with this G1 statue figure

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Collected my Metalforce Optimus Prime today
    Abit disappointed yet excited with this G1 statue figure
    No pics? Lazy!

Hard Hero Wheeljack bust, Wave 2 Movie Robot Heroes (Protoform Jazz, WTF?) and BWN Longrack. Thank you BBTS and the exchange rate. Worked out to be about $110 all up for the lot including shipping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    No pics? Lazy!
    coming coming...

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    coming coming...
    Oath, my grandma's faster than you girls.

After many years, many missed auctions, and the threat of KO's, I finally managed to get myself a G1 Gnaw with all his weapons, absoloutely gorgeous chrome, and 100% original.

And it only cost me $126

But I didn't care about the price. It was complete and not a KO and i've been after him for a long long time and i'm fairly certain he's last the figure I need from the movie cast.

It always puzzled me as to why Gnaw has always been so darn expensive, because it is such an ugly, almost obscure, character. Probably it is one of those toys that very few bought when it was released, and is now just harder to find than other toys from that era. When I started buy TFs online in the late 90s, I wanted to have a horde of Sharkticons (like the movie), but it took about 4 or 5 years just to acquire 3 at a reasonable price (under $100). I ended up giving up on that idea.
    Hmm, maybe there were other fans out there who also wanted hordes of Sharkticons as well, leaving less for others to fight over...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It always puzzled me as to why Gnaw has always been so darn expensive, because it is such an ugly, almost obscure, character. Probably it is one of those toys that very few bought when it was released, and is now just harder to find than other toys from that era. When I started buy TFs online in the late 90s, I wanted to have a horde of Sharkticons (like the movie), but it took about 4 or 5 years just to acquire 3 at a reasonable price (under $100). I ended up giving up on that idea.
    Hmm, maybe there were other fans out there who also wanted hordes of Sharkticons as well, leaving less for others to fight over...

Those are cool set up pics!

My horde for this week was 8 comics. Havent been able to get to my comic shop in a while so I finally got to go pick them up.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Now we know why Sharkticons are so damn bloody expensive (it's cos this guy has them all )