Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    thanks TC for the PS3 heads up. It's a pity that I already have one. And depending on time, I may be able to do you a posted favour as luggage space and sydney is the constraining factor. I've yet to use the JP postal service so I'm not sure how easy that is.
    Considering the possible limits to Ps3iness, Hmm, maybe I should just get an aus PS3 then. Thanks for the thoughts tho. Just did some googling and there is a way around it, but its a bit of pain, just gotta get a game save off of a nonjap console and use that apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    I saw these (http://shop.joshin.co.jp/shopdetail....6&line=0#19737) at Harajuku Kiddyland the other day, but don't really understand the point of them?

Sorry Jetfire for hijacking There's actually a couple of shops near Suehirocho Station Exit 1 (side) if you walk towards Akibahara

The bike wheel covers? They make yer bike more aerodynamice! Like a transformer of course. Yes, I am a hijacker occasionally (rarely do I wheeljack though)
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 7th September 2009 at 01:16 PM.

Just in relation to the PS3 issues...i brought one back from Japan in May...absolutely no problems what so ever...the system is multi voltage...don't even need a converter...just replace the electrical plug with something you should have at home (I can't remember the name...older PC's and even kettle's use them) and you're ready to go... not sure about all the censorship stuff tho...

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Just in relation to the PS3 issues...i brought one back from Japan in May...absolutely no problems what so ever...the system is multi voltage...don't even need a converter...just replace the electrical plug with something you should have at home (I can't remember the name...older PC's and even kettle's use them) and you're ready to go... not sure about all the censorship stuff tho...
    i can confirm this, as i also have an old 20GB jap ps3, it just uses a D-shape PC or kettle cable and can run without any transformer.

Not sure about the new slim ps3 though.

nah, I'm cool with my current PS3, if it is space I'm lacking, I'll just upgrade the internal to the biggest 2.5in SATA drive when I'm ready.. the sliminess isn't what grabs me (I like it to feel solid!).

As for Fungal, we'll see, gotta find it first and gotta have the luggage space... so can't promise anything.

Found a hobby shop near Daimaru Kyoto this evening, sadly no TFs but a stack load of Gundams and Macross VFs

OMG Is that thing real? I mean, does it really move?
    Such a great secret the Japanese have there, secretly building Gundams to take over USA...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    OMG Is that thing real? I mean, does it really move?
    Such a great secret the Japanese have there, secretly building Gundams to take over USA...
    As far as I'm aware it doesn't move. Sure looks amazing though, check out these night time shots (taken from cnet.com):

The 1:1 Gundam's head could turn left to right and tilt backwards, but was otherwise immobile (but remained supremely awesome!)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd personally recommend checking out Ikebukuro. There are two big department stores (Seibu and Tobu) sitting right on top of Ikebukuro station! And if that's not enough there are other stores like Bic Camera which have been known to stock Transformers at fairly cheap prices.

A lot of people who also recommend Akihabara, although personally the only transformer I've ever bought from there was a step-down transformer. I find Akihabara a bit too "touristy" for my taste; although I suppose it is good from a tourist POV as a lot of people who work there can speak foreign languages like English. Don't expect most people in Japan to speak any English btw. A lot of people in Japan would like to _think_ that they can speak English... and they will often _try_ ("try" being the operative word) to speak English with Westerners. But usually they end up butchering the English language and ultimately you don't understand what the <expletive> they're trying to tell you. So I strongly recommend that you learn at least some basic Japanese phrases that will help you get around for shopping, dining etc.; you could probably pick up a phrase book or something. If there's anything you need to know, don't hesitate to ask Tetsuwan Convoy. Or me.

Seriously though, there's a thread for discussion about languages other than English here - please feel free to ask us any questions about Japanese there.
    What about yougibushicamera?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    The 1:1 Gundam's head could turn left to right and tilt backwards, but was otherwise immobile (but remained supremely awesome!)
    Yes it was. Did you go see it? WHen I was there, there were heaps of people around. The head started to move and some music played and the whole crowd went "Whooooooooa!" everytime the head moved. It was hilarious!

Apparently a couple got married under it....