Page 123 of 154 FirstFirst ... 103113118119120121122123124125126127128133143 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Deadpool 2 is fun. Love all the pop culture references. Brolin does a great job

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Deadpool 2 is fun. Love all the pop culture references. Brolin does a great job
    Although the scene that sends up/pokes fun at Sharon Stone's infamous interrogation scene (from Basic Instinct) is a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Although the scene that sends up/pokes fun at Sharon Stone's infamous interrogation scene (from Basic Instinct) is a bit too much.
    Well, yes and no. We all laughed at it too. But I got a great laugh out of the 2 Goonies references I saw

Saw Incredibles 2. Very enjoyable. The story of the dad raising the baby and missing out on doing superhero stuff felt incomplete in a way as action scenes took over. 8/10. Id hate to babysit a baby with superpowers grragh

Incredibles 2 was definitely enjoyable. Longer than I expected too, but didn't feel the time go by

The above two posts pretty much sum up the Incredibles 2 plus there's the awesome James Bond-like jazz orchestra score from the same guy who worked on Rogue One.

On reflection i think it is that this movie is all about the dad trying to babysit the baby and a bit of voilet but nothing on the mum or dash. The first movie was more of a family of superheros but the sequel is one quater of the family. Story is still good but isnt fully rounded out for the whole cast.

Jurassic world: fallen kingdom. Its a good movie to watch but after 5 times you can only see people being chased by dinosaurs so many times. Theres a theme of humans messing around with nature and playing god, and how we are too arrogant to see the consequences. There is a part of the movie, which you will see coming before the movie itself sees it, that didnt quite gell with me and i hope they dont focus on for the sequel. The first world movie was like a reboot of the very first movie and the world sequel is like the third movie of the original when big t-rex came to the mainland. 6-7/10. It would be 8 but formula is stale now after so many movies.

Saw the new Jurassic World movie yesterday and if you've seen the Jurassic Park 2 then you'll be familiar with the feel of this one. Of course this one is not as good and so it's just popcorn fare that you'll forget about a week after watching it.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

An absolute mess of a film. Plot doesn't make sense, weak villains who make spectacularly shit decisions, doesn't stick to the series established logic, sequel bait ending, baffling and entirely meaningless twist at the end.

Pretty visuals.

2/10
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.