Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1020252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Vert, did you soak the wings too? Didn't think those would be soakable
    No soaking for me. I covered the wings nice and thick with the cream.

I did a getaway and a searchlight today with the paste.

Getaway ended up a bit streaky so he needs round 2 but searchlight(well I only did the back) came out very well.

Needlenose - fail with the paste. Anyone tried this guy before?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Did he fail to whiten or was he screwed up like it happens with the liquid version?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Did he fail to whiten or was he screwed up like it happens with the liquid version?
    Unfortunatly he stayed exactly the same - they grey wings have yellowed badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    How many doses did you do? I noticed with Slugslinger that it takes a few doses to really get him looking better. I haven't done it in a while, I might give him some more doses on my days off next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    How many doses did you do? I noticed with Slugslinger that it takes a few doses to really get him looking better. I haven't done it in a while, I might give him some more doses on my days off next week.
    Gave him 3 doses. Might give him another couple then and see if makes any difference.

What a great forum discussion on the flow learning as I go..
    I have been meaning to whiten some Jetfire parts that I needed to replace the engine plate attachment.
    I have one main concern that need answering from experts.. If I whiten the parts.. will they change back to yellow color later on even if my Jetfire is also sheltered away from exposed sunlight on a display cabinet.
    Are there records that some one have whiten their Jetfire parts and observed the color result after the 6% "HP whitening method" after a few weeks or months to see if the color stayed the same with no changes.
    Let me know before I attempt to run off to the chemist with my request

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvader78 View Post
    What a great forum discussion on the flow learning as I go..
    I have been meaning to whiten some Jetfire parts that I needed to replace the engine plate attachment.
    I have one main concern that need answering from experts.. If I whiten the parts.. will they change back to yellow color later on even if my Jetfire is also sheltered away from exposed sunlight on a display cabinet.
    Are there records that some one have whiten their Jetfire parts and observed the color result after the 6% "HP whitening method" after a few weeks or months to see if the color stayed the same with no changes.
    Let me know before I attempt to run off to the chemist with my request
    Whitening the plastic will not prevent it from yellowing in the future. What the Peroxide does is basically 'reset' the plastic back to it's original state (or near as it's not always 100%) but does not prevent the yellowing from re-occurring as it previously did.

Once you whiten up your Jetfire, you should keep it in an area shaded away from direct sunlight and any source of UV rays like direct light bulb light or fluorescent light. It is never 100% but it will certainly help in preventing the plastic from yellowing again as you would be keeping it away from the direct causes.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Whitening the plastic will not prevent it from yellowing in the future. What the Peroxide does is basically 'reset' the plastic back to it's original state (or near as it's not always 100%) but does not prevent the yellowing from re-occurring as it previously did.

Once you whiten up your Jetfire, you should keep it in an area shaded away from direct sunlight and any source of UV rays like direct light bulb light or fluorescent light. It is never 100% but it will certainly help in preventing the plastic from yellowing again as you would be keeping it away from the direct causes.
    Thanks for the tip off Kup

At this stage I am disassembling a whole yellow stained Jetfire and placing metals and plastic in separate sections.
    I should take pictures of parts before and after during the experiment and see how they turn out for better or worst and post them up on this forum discussion later.
    Bring out the hot blazing sun with a brush on my hand and a bottle containing 12% creme peroxide on the other hand haha