Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

A little to the left... a little bit more...

That is perfection!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Banks could start doing 'Toy Loans' as opposed to Home Loans
    Believe it or not, but there are some collectors who are actually spending well beyond their means, and in some cases, close to spending themselves out of house and home. You occasionally see people posting sales saying, "Need to pay bills."

I've heard stories about collectors who are financially struggling; many of whom even have families, then you hear about people having mad fights with spouses/partners or even hiding purchases in shame to avoid confrontations etc. Spending big is fine if you can afford it, but obviously if you can't then you need to spend less. In other news, water wet.

Galvatran Guest

I'm gonna start a pyramid scheme & buy me one... two if enough people fall for support the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Believe it or not, but there are some collectors who are actually spending well beyond their means, and in some cases, close to spending themselves out of house and home. You occasionally see people posting sales saying, "Need to pay bills."

I've heard stories about collectors who are financially struggling; many of whom even have families, then you hear about people having mad fights with spouses/partners or even hiding purchases in shame to avoid confrontations etc. Spending big is fine if you can afford it, but obviously if you can't then you need to spend less. In other news, water wet.
    Can we not judge others for there plastic crack addition.

I had a thought. (I know that's dangerous)

Is Takara trying to make a play for the Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectables audience? Collectors of those lines routinely pay these kinds of prices for their Star Wars and Marvel figures. There's a 1/4 scale Sideshow Collectables Darth Vader sitting on TLTC for a little under $1000.

Just a thought.

bowspearer Guest

Here's a thought re Hasbro. People have said that with no TRU, there's little chance of a Hasbro release, however depending on how Geoffrey's Toy Box does, it's possible it could be an exclusive there. I can imagine Hasbro releasing this at more the $200-300 mark.

There's no denying he's a stunning looking bot but 600 Dollarydoos stunning? Still not sure on that point. They should really split him into 2 releases bot/cab as 44a and Trailer/Acc 44b, they would probably sell more overall as I'm sure there's few collector's that will buy 2 let alone 1 of these.

But looking at back of the cab/trailer hitch seems to be his weakest part and without the trailer to cover it up. I guess it'd look pretty ugly as a standalone cab unlike MP01 before him.

The more I look at MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!'s posted pictures the more I think I'll be saving for 6 months to get a Convoy 3.0.

Danm you MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!

Also, RK has preorders up. Only $370 USD instead of the MSRP of $450.

In the sneaker game. Adidas and Jordan brand increased RRP to try to curb reselling/scalping (ie $150 shoes selling for $250 so they increased rrp to $225)

I remeber MP-10 was selling for more than RRP back when it was released. Maybe its a similar tactic. If it works , its genious. And I personally think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    I remeber MP-10 was selling for more than RRP back when it was released. Maybe its a similar tactic. If it works , its genious. And I personally think it will.
    IIRC HLJ had MP10 available for roughly $50 less than RRP at earlybird preorder discount. There are some retailers currently offering this MP Convoy for $515, or about $85 cheaper than full RRP. And in all honesty, about $500-something is about as cheap as I'd expect for a pre-order discount price. Any cheaper than that and unless it's a trusted source, then I'd be suspicious.

Call it the "PC Reflex." I'd rather pay even full RRP for a toy and be guaranteed to get the toy than pay a super generous discounted price and receive nothing.