Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Govt will block overseas site not collecting gst

I need someone's head to look at when I stare down the scope, and his cabbage noggin will do just fine

Wage growth in retail is one of the slowest. Profits are sky rocketing with no wage growth. I wonder if the retailers are getting more profit from us and not saying. Interesting to see a break down of profits in different sectors

Someone needs to make a list of all the retailers who are in support of it, if there isn't one already. Will make it easier to know who not to shop with

I got an email from 1password this morning saying they are going to start collecting GST as of the 1st of July because of the "Netflix Tax". I wonder how many services will actually start charging GST on the 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I got an email from 1password this morning saying they are going to start collecting GST as of the 1st of July because of the "Netflix Tax". I wonder how many services will actually start charging GST on the 1st?
    Hang on...didn't someone say a few posts earlier that there will be a 12 months wait while they investigate options? So we aren't actually paying the GST yet?
    Are companies going to just start charging the extra 10% just in case, or in a sly cynical attempt to squeeze a bit more out if they weren't already??

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Hang on...didn't someone say a few posts earlier that there will be a 12 months wait while they investigate options? So we aren't actually paying the GST yet?
    Are companies going to just start charging the extra 10% just in case, or in a sly cynical attempt to squeeze a bit more out if they weren't already??
    There are two different implementations. The Netflix Tax is on services like Netflix. The gerry Harvey tax removes $1000 exemption on goods overseas being gst free.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Someone needs to make a list of all the retailers who are in support of it, if there isn't one already. Will make it easier to know who not to shop with
    Almost impossible. The associations that supported this have thousands of members. Maybe a list of the most well known ones but it's not easy to find out. A lot of retailers let the associations they are Members of do all the submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Almost impossible. The associations that supported this have thousands of members. Maybe a list of the most well known ones but it's not easy to find out. A lot of retailers let the associations they are Members of do all the submissions.
    With some research, some of the bigger ones could be listed. Wouldn't be easy to compile the list

The Netflix tax was one of the last things brought in by the Abbott govt

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    With some research, some of the bigger ones could be listed. Wouldn't be easy to compile the list
    I will go as far as listing some of the associations that actively support the implementation of the Bill:

1. Retail Council
    2. Australian Sporting Goods Association
    3. Australian Retailers Association
    4. Shopping Centre Council of Australia