Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Pictures of Animated Grimlock, Lugnut

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot
    Flame breath is not much different from the engine exhaust missiles we saw in Cybertron and Classics.
    In principle, no, in execution (IMO) yes.

With the flame exhausts it looks like flames shooting out of the exhaust in car mode. With Animated Grimlock it really just looks like Grimlock holding a flaming sword in his mouth. With the flame missiles, they are entirely translucent flames with a shaft lodging well inside the exhaust so it does reasonably look convincing in terms of coming out of the shaft. The problem with Grimlock's so-called flame breath is that it looks like Grimlock nibbling onto the bottom of the sword handle - the upper part of the handle and the hilt are clearly visible, as is the whole blade of the sword which isn't entirely translucent.

And fwiw I'm really not a huge fan of the flame missile-exhaust gimmick in the first place. To me it was always a barely passable gimmick. So to me it seems that HasTak have taken what was a pretty ordinary concept and made it worse. (-_-)

It's nice that they have tried to do something with the sword, but the results don't look very good to me. I would've prefered just having a stowage place for the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wonder if there's a storage place for his tools in vehicle mode. That was one neat thing with Armada and Cybertron Red Alert.
    I just watched Peaugh's video review and someone asked that exact question in the comments. Unfortunately, his response was:

Quote Originally Posted by Peaugh
    No, his arms take up all the room in the rear
    Dang, that woulda been cool.

That really sucks. By post-G2 standards having accessories that have no place to go in vehicle mode is really poor.