View Poll Results: Generations FOC Shockwave worth getting?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely!!!

23 76.67%
  • Only if...

7 23.33%
  • No way

0 0%
  • Not interested.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: Generations FOC Shockwave

I'm tempted to pull the wings off his back for a more streamlined robot mode (as my son found out , they're attached just via a ball and socket. It takes some force, but they can be removed and replaced).

Got him in the mail today. He's a good figure and will do fine as a Classics Shockwave - I don't see us getting a more accurate version of him anytime soon. The WFC/FOC style is a little more triangular and detailed than most of the Classics figures, but it works well enough. Some silver or grey paint on his thighs may help, and the chest too depending on which version you prefer. But the eye DEFINITELY needs to be yellow. It's just how it is.

He's a little on the small side and the plastic used is different to most other classics - it has the powdery feel of some third party products.

The silver gun attachment doesn't like staying on. It doesn't lock in at all, just slides over the top loosely. Probably going to have to glue it on, I think. Meanwhile the connection point to the forearm is evil tight.

As far as taking his wings off, that would work fine to help give him a more G1 silhouette, and doesn't really affect the transformation to bullshit-spaceship anyway. But doing so will remove a lot of the optical illusion of bulk that's there at the moment, and will really show how small he is compared to other classics Cons.

Decepticon Guest

He looks soooo tiny
    Expecting him in the mail soon. must look under the plant pot by the front door! he may be under there somewhere!

Attachment 5877

Did some quick mods just to add a little extra G1 flavour:

-Removed wings as discussed

-Painted the eye the correct colour

-Clipped the secondary gun barrels by about 1 cm so it's not so ridiculously big, while still sliding out for alt mode

-Added a short length of lego technic hose to the gun arm - there's a tab on the back of the gun for it to grab onto pretty neatly, the rest plugs into a hole on his back. Not secure enough for kid's play, but plenty tight enough for display purposes.

^ Now THAT looks awesome I might buy two so I can do the same (and leave one MOSC )
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Is there any reason why the "barrel" on the weapon comes off? There's nothing in the instructions, or either mode on the packaging that requires it to detach, but mine slides off easily.... so easily, that it is annoyingly loose.
    It seems a bit of a design flaw.

Has anyone actually seen/bought this guy locally yet? I would like to pick him up locally.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Has anyone actually seen/bought this guy locally yet? I would like to pick him up locally.
    Jazz and Optimus were spotted in Devonport Kmart (Tas). Shockwave is in the same wave, but shortpacked (3 Jazz, 3 Optimus, 2 Shockwave). So he's around.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is there any reason why the "barrel" on the weapon comes off? There's nothing in the instructions, or either mode on the packaging that requires it to detach, but mine slides off easily.... so easily, that it is annoyingly loose.
    It's a 'feature'. Two different guns, apparently. That's why I cut mine off short so that it plugs over the fatter end of the barrels. The gun arm was a little too big as it was anyway. Not to the same degree as Shockblast but still too big. Cutting off approx 1cm makes it work a lot better and it can still go into alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeh, as above. Without the laser thing on the fron, it looks like a x9Scrapmaker (or FOC equivalent) gun from the game, I guess so you can use it on other figures if you wish.