Thread: couriers

Default couriers

Anyone had experience with couriers? Im looking to send a package interstate.

What do you want to know? There's a few options for sending parcels.

Obviously there's Australia post and their own courier, StarTrack, which you can find out about at any post office.
    Another option is Officeworks Mailman service https://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman which is a service similar to what Australia post might provide.
    Or if you're looking for standard courier services http://www.transdirect.com.au/ is a courier selection tool that allows you to choose between multiple courier companies.

Actually you need a Star Track account to send anything with them and the minimum required spend is in the thousands of dollars a month. They were going to expand Star Track to the general public but that never happened. Australia Post only relationship to Star Track from a delivery point of view is Post Offices operate as a pickup location for undelivered Star Track items, you don't send Star Track items from Australia Post. Though some Australia Post contractors have both a licence for Australia Post and Star Track. Outside of that they operate as two separate companies despite both being owned by Australia Post.

I don't know of any requirements to use Toll or TNT and I've never had an issue with them.

Stay away from Fast Way, they are slow and careless.

I run a warehouse, I have plenty of experience dealing with them.

Post here or PM me exactly what you wanna do, I’d be happy to help you out

I bought the box. Going with aust post. Its what they prefer.

I've used Sendle a few times who go through Fast Way.
    They are well priced but currently don't guarantee delivery times, also I really go to town when packaging stuff with them so haven't had any issues with damage.
    One point to note is that for one very expensive item I selected signature on delivery and the package was left with no one home in full view of the footpath. Could have easily been stolen. I now use the "leave at reception" option if no one is home at time of delivery.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)