Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New series of Generations toys coming this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.

And don't get me started on the Combaticons.
    I couldn't agree more. I would also pay more for quality than these simplistic borderline '$2 shop' toys we are getting from Hasbro as of late.

Shockwave is among the best of the FOC toys but he still doesn't stand up at all when you compare him to Hasbro released toys of just a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Same. While he is a little on the small side, he still fits in quite well wit the rest of my classics Con shelf. He is actually the same size as the seeker mold:

He does fit in with the seekers but I always consider him more in line with a Voyager sized toy, I only recently picked him up on special

Some Beast Wars/Machines &/or IDW/Comic based characters would be much appreciated; Wouldn't mind seeing some modern R.I.D & Armada interpretations either.

I can imagine a few IDW or comics figures that would do nicely:
    FOC/Spotlight Thundercracker (would work for either line)
    Blitzwing (also in the new spotlight-pretty much just cartoon)
    Shockwave (Shockblast or Foc Shockwave redeco in G1 colours)
    G1 Comics Galvatron (Universe/Henkei Galvatron grey redeco with purple highlights)
    IDW Galvatron (Heavy retool of Cybertronian WFC Megatron) OR WFC/FOC Galvatron (head and weapon retool)
    Robots in Disguise Ironhide (WFC/FOC design- new mold)

Just some ideas.

At least we know what the artwork was for now. (from here)

Just a shame that that great bit of art wasn't for a larger size toy.

Talking

I had a really rough day at work. The news and pics from the Toy Fair has made me a happy little camper again.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At least we know what the artwork was for now. (from here)

Just a shame that that great bit of art wasn't for a larger size toy.
    I wish they continued the PowerCore Combiners line, with just the 2-pack commanders keeping the Targetmaster and dropping the combiner gimmick.

It's great that we're getting another official Roller mould (who's still a farcry from IDW Roller ), but these triple changing partners have robot modes that take several engineering steps backwards to Micromaster/Actionmaster partner days.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!