Page 771 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 751761766767768769770771772773774775776781791 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    They are precisely the ones I've been looking for! Cheers, Blaster!

The hunt will continue for larger versions, but this will fill the gap for the time being.
    No worries, glad I could help

These were the filenames that came up for the pics - if they are of any help to you:

DWBW page no6 (TM2 Cheetor/Rattrap)
    DWBW page no7 (Optimal optimus panel)
    More DWBW Pages (2nd Rattrap panel)

Red Sunstreaker - What is the difference between the Diaclone one and the Diakron one?

Not sure where to ask this, but is there somewhere I can get long smokestacks for G1 Optimus/Magnus?

Why are people asking $200 and above for Medix the Doc Bot?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

And as a separate question:

Anyone seen any YOTH MP Primes still at retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Why are people asking $200 and above for Medix the Doc Bot?
    No idea, but the less common Rescue Bots toys seem to be snapped up and scalped.
    Blades in the first year was a target, because it had a limited release being the last wave... but then it was re-released with Medix and Hoist, and it's secondary price dropped back down.
    Then, as soon as the Medix and Hoist wave had been out for a few weeks, it started to be hard to find and now commands insane prices.
    The 2-pack Chase figurine pack was another scalper target, because it was short-packed to make room for more Optimus figurines. Then Boulder and Blades 2-packs were scalped for having limited release for being the final wave of that series.... but fortunately they were re-released with the first wave of the next series.

I've read online about scalpers specifically targeting young kids toylines, because their parents are less likely to know much about toys and what other options that the more-aware collectors might know about... so are more likely to pay higher prices at the only places they know (like ebay) in desperation, just to keep their kids happy or as required for a birthday or Christmas. (and if they only look for the toy later when it is needed, the scalpers beat them to short-packed items by snapping them up as soon as they are released or listed online)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    And as a separate question:

Anyone seen any YOTH MP Primes still at retail?
    No, but i'll keep an eye out for you

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No idea, but the less common Rescue Bots toys seem to be snapped up and scalped.
    Blades in the first year was a target, because it had a limited release being the last wave... but then it was re-released with Medix and Hoist, and it's secondary price dropped back down.
    Then, as soon as the Medix and Hoist wave had been out for a few weeks, it started to be hard to find and now commands insane prices.
    The 2-pack Chase figurine pack was another scalper target, because it was short-packed to make room for more Optimus figurines. Then Boulder and Blades 2-packs were scalped for having limited release for being the final wave of that series.... but fortunately they were re-released with the first wave of the next series.

I've read online about scalpers specifically targeting young kids toylines, because their parents are less likely to know much about toys and what other options that the more-aware collectors might know about... so are more likely to pay higher prices at the only places they know (like ebay) in desperation, just to keep their kids happy or as required for a birthday or Christmas. (and if they only look for the toy later when it is needed, the scalpers beat them to short-packed items by snapping them up as soon as they are released or listed online)
    Hmm. That's probably it. I went through and bought all the Rescue Bots stuff the other night but nowhere did Medix and Hoist show up. It was only earlier tonight that I found out they exist and they are both stupidly priced.

If anyone sees them or has them, let me know. I'm keen to buy (just not scalper keen )

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    No, but i'll keep an eye out for you
    Cheers dude I'm always late to the party with these sorts of things. If you see one and don't mind ST, pick it up. You know I'm good for the cash

Will do

Is there a TF reference book that shows the cartoon transformations for the G1 characters? I think there is but I'm not sure which one...
    Which brings us to where we are today...