Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The transformation looked to be pretty much identical to the Gen1 toy, when going from dino mode to city mode (sides fold out, legs fold open as
    two halves, and the head spins around).
    Just confirming, no silly walking electronics right?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Not sure. We will send a request for information to the Ministry of Silly Walks and get you an answer ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Just confirming, no silly walking electronics right?
    The main body is hollow so no walking gimmick. Demonac showed off his Gigastorm walking and they were really liking it.
    Doesn't look like any electronics at all... like Devastator.

Hey Griff I'm curious about the toys Hasbro showed like Trypticon, Misfire and Slugslinger that are a long way from hitting shelves. Are they hand painted prototypes that were shown or are they from a point in the process that's further along like test shots?

Slugslinger was hand painted because it doesn't come out until October. One of the Trypticons was pre-production. Misfire had proper paint apps and comes out in June so was probably a final test shot or production figure.

Official image of Misfire shows him w/ a black (or dark grey) head. I kinda wish that Hasbro would've gone with a more toy-accurate head for Misfire and left the toon-like head for TakaraTOMY. I much prefer the original toy's head which is also how Misfire appears in the IDW comics. Although I also prefer the G1 toy's blue eyes over the cartoon's red eyes (and strangely enough IDW Misfire has red eyes too despite the rest of the head being toy-accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Official image of Misfire shows him w/ a black (or dark grey) head. I kinda wish that Hasbro would've gone with a more toy-accurate head for Misfire and left the toon-like head for TakaraTOMY. I much prefer the original toy's head which is also how Misfire appears in the IDW comics. Although I also prefer the G1 toy's blue eyes over the cartoon's red eyes (and strangely enough IDW Misfire has red eyes too despite the rest of the head being toy-accurate).
    I haven't watched more than a couple of episodes of Headmasters ever thanks to the terrible English dub so this might be irrelevant to Misfire, but it seems Takara is going Headmasters accurate not Rebirth accurate so I've actually been getting some LGs and some TRs to get the most US G1 cartoon accurate decos. As long as one of the two companies does US G1 cartoon accurate I'm happy.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think, similar to TR Kup, Misfire is sporting his Marvel Comics aesthetic.

The head is similar to the cartoon design, but with a blue visor instead of red.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I haven't watched more than a couple of episodes of Headmasters ever thanks to the terrible English dub so this might be irrelevant to Misfire, but it seems Takara is going Headmasters accurate not Rebirth accurate so I've actually been getting some LGs and some TRs to get the most US G1 cartoon accurate decos. As long as one of the two companies does US G1 cartoon accurate I'm happy.
    You do know that the Australian DVD release of the Japanese G1 episodes are watchable in Japanese w/ English subtitles, right? As are the UK Metrodome releases (which predate the Madman ones). And I think a US company (Shout Factory?) are releasing them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    The head is similar to the cartoon design, but with a blue visor instead of red.
    Well spotted Still would've preferred a toy-accurate head though, but ah well. First world probs.

Did they give a release date for Trypticon?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496