Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advance screenings at some Australian Cinemas June 20th

For all the marketing and hype about this being filmed in 3D, and that it needs to be seen in 3D to fully appreciate the movie, there are very few sessions here that are 3D.
    At the cinema closest to me, they have 20 sessions each day in the first week, and only 2 of them are 3D.
    That's so weird.
    Gives me more reason to see it on IMAX later I guess, as all IMAX sessions should be in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For all the marketing and hype about this being filmed in 3D, and that it needs to be seen in 3D to fully appreciate the movie, there are very few sessions here that are 3D.
    At the cinema closest to me, they have 20 sessions each day in the first week, and only 2 of them are 3D.
    That's so weird.
    Gives me more reason to see it on IMAX later I guess, as all IMAX sessions should be in 3D.
    Australia is bored with 3D. The marketing "3D" hype is an American thing, and 3D is still big in America (I guess?).

If you follow Australian cinema (as I do) you'd notice 3D sessions are fewer and fewer. Mostly only kids/animated films get a run now with the gimmick, and most recent big films that have 3D versions (like Wonder Woman, King Arthur, Guardians 2, Pirates 5) only have limited screenings, if you can find any at all for those films after a week or two of release.

That is surprising (to me)... and I guess it shows how much I've been out of movies since the ticket prices went through the roof when the big multiplexes took over. I think I've seen one movie per year in cinemas in the last 6 or 7 years... and since I prefer 2D, I never looked for 3D movies to notice their drop in session numbers.