Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRU Movie exclusives in Australia

Default TRU Movie exclusives in Australia

The ToysRUs website has listed three Movie exclusive items that were recently revealed in America last week, and two have already been found in a store in Canberra.

This is the Deluxe 2-pack Optimus set and the two Legion 2-packs, with the Legion 2-packs being the ones found... but be prepared to be shocked with the prices.

The Legion 2-packs are $30 each - that's $15 for each Legion, compared to their regular price of $8 (and $7 in other stores). It's $14 worth of Legions, for $30!

The Deluxe 2-pack is $80 - making each Deluxe $40, compared to $35 for Deluxes in TRU (and as cheap as $29 in other stores). That's a $10-20 increase on two Deluxe toys.

Toys'R'Us? More like Scalpers'R'Us...

Found the Optimus 2-pack at Moore Park in Sydney today. Already have Botha figures, so didn't stop to check pricing.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm waiting for a sale on those deluxes...but its not a big loss if it sells out.

But if those deluxes and legions cost that much I worry for the primus redeco :S

The TRU exclusive Movie Optimus 2-pack has been found in America for US$40... which is more than the price of two deluxe toys over there, so it isn't just ToysRUs here that is overpricing exclusives for this movie.

I'd like to know how they justify the extra $27 we're being charged compared to our American brethren

Y'know, at that $40USD/$53, I may have been tempted to buy it for Proto Prime too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'd like to know how they justify the extra $27 we're being charged compared to our American brethren

Y'know, at that $40USD/$53, I may have been tempted to buy it for Proto Prime too...
    Maybe because their exclusive deluxes are $40. Hopefully they'll be on sale soon, want that Skullitron.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Maybe because their exclusive deluxes are $40. Hopefully they'll be on sale soon, want that Skullitron.
    Which itself is based off Steelbane. The R & D had already gone into Steelbane & there will be a million of those things made to recoup the cost involved, so this seems like another lazy money grabbing exercise. It'd be even worse if they were both designed concurrently. Anyways...

A fellow Australian has posted up some photos of the Skullitron toy on Seibertron, and gives a quick review, which mirrors my own thoughts about this toy - it looks nice, especially the new head and colours, but just has a lot of flaws (robot mode chest area doesn't hold together well, and parts pop off easily when transforming it).

Unfortunately, that might mean that the Steelbane toy will be the same, and it won't have the fancy colours.

From everything I've read Steelbane is worse as it has extremely loose ball joints which makes it a floppy mess.
    Looks like that might have been partly fixed for Skully but it still seems like he was poorly designed, though might have to have a closer look because in the product images it shows that the dragon head and neck can be centered but the reviewer claims it cant be from what I saw.
    In any case it looks like the only good one of the TRU exclusives is the deluxe Megatron, and that's mainly because it's based on a quality mold (which also argues though how they can justify the cost when it's a repaint of a 4 year old toy)

Oh yeah and I agree with Sinnertwin, I would have considered that deluxe Prime 2 pack for around $50 but at $80 for two repaints of old molds, no I cant justify it and I dont know how anyone else can either

The 20% off coupon yesterday still had the TRU exclusives be more than equivalent figures, but it was probably going to be the cheapest we'd get them, especially since the sale next week is only knocking off about 10%.

The Optimus 2-pack ended up being $64, which is still $32 for each Deluxe (the same for Skullitron and Megatron with the coupon), while the Legion 2-packs ended up being $24, which is still $12 for each Legion toy, and that's still $4-5 more than regular Legions.
    At least it isn't just us this time, as they are being overpriced at other TRU stores in other countries.... but even at 20% off, they were still more expensive than they should be.