Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Machinima POTP series announced & voice actors

Default Machinima POTP series announced & voice actors

The final episode of their Titans Return series was out earlier this week, and they have just announced the voice cast for the final part of the Prime Wars trilogy... with a couple of new big names.

NEW TALENT FOR POWER OF THE PRIMES

• Ron Perlman (OPTIMUS PRIMAL) – Star of the original Hellboy franchise, Sons of Anarchy, Hand of God, and Adventure Time.
    • Jaime King (SOLUS PRIME) – Star of Hart of Dixie and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
    • Gregg Berger (GRIMLOCK/VOLCANICUS) – The original voice of Grimlock from the 1986 film The Transformers: The Movie.
    • Nuufolau Joel Seanoa (Samoa Joe) (PREDAKING) – Professional wrestler currently signed to WWE.
    • Mikey Way (SNARL) – Musician best known as the bassist from the rock band My Chemical Romance.

RETURNING TALENT:

• Mark Hamill (MEGATRONUS) – Star of the Star Wars franchise. Also known for his work as the The Joker in various animated Batman projects.
    • Wil Wheaton (PERCEPTOR) – Star of The Big Bang Theory and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
    • Judd Nelson (RODIMUS) – Star of The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo’s Fire and the original voice of Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime from the 1986 animated film The Transformers: The Movie.
    • Kari Wahlgren (VICTORION) – Well known voice over actress with credits including Rick and Morty, The Fairly Odd Parents, and Phineas and Ferb.
    • Jason Marnocha (MEGATRON) – Actor from Bat In the Sun’s popular YouTube series Super Power Beat Down. Previously voiced the character of Megatron in COMBINER WARS and TITANS RETURN.
    • Abby Trott (WINDBLADE) – Voice over actress with credits including video games Halo Wars 2 and Killer Instinct. Previously voiced the character of Windblade in COMBINER WARS and TITANS RETURN.
    • Patrick Seitz (OVERLORD) – Voice over actor with credits including Call of Duty: WWII and World of Warcraft: Legion. Previously voiced the character of Devastator in COMBINER WARS and Overlord in TITANS RETURN.
    • Rob Dyke (DEVASTATOR) – YouTube creator best known for his Seriously Strange series. Previously voiced the character of Devastator in TITANS RETURN.
    • DashieGames (MENASOR) – Popular YouTube gamer with more than 6 million subscribers. Previously voiced the character of Menasor in COMBINER WARS and TITANS RETURN.
    • MatPat (SWOOP) – YouTube influencer and creator of the web series Game Theorist, Film Theorist, GT Live and MatPat’s Game Lab. Previously voiced the character of Computron in TITANS RETURN.
    • Frank Todaro (SLUDGE) – Voice over actor who previously voiced Starscream and Trypticon in COMBINER WARS and TITANS RETURN. Other credits include the video game franchise LittleBigPlanet.
    (it seems odd that they would bother with such well known, expensive names, for a short-lived, cartoon that doesn't get too much attention because it is advertising toys that came out 1-2 years ago)

It's the storyline that counts... a good storyline.
    To me, the CW and TR series just lacked soul.
    Great to have big names doing the voices but if the plot is weak.........

The POTP cartoon comes out next month, and a full trailer has been released by Machinima on youtube... giving us a sneak peak of Predaking, the new Dinobots and Optimus Primal.

They've also been releasing parts of a large promo poster, but I think one piece is still missing.

There was actually more than one piece still missing from the promo poster, as there were twelve parts released... and yesterday the final part was released, allowing people and websites to merge the parts into the full image.

And a day later (today), the first episode was released on the American Go90 website, called The Swamp. For those of us who can't yet see it but don't care about spoilers, you can read up on the early opinions of fans on the American fansites.

Can anyone identify the character in the top left corner? I don't recognise it from Combiner Wars or Titan Returns, and I thought I knew all the upcoming PoTp toys in the schedule
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Yeah, not bad...

Machinima have released a six minute catchup video on Facebook, covering the events of the two previous series, narrated by Victor Caroli... who narrated the original 80s cartoon and Movie, and narrated the Titans Return series.
    (it is also supposed to be on their tumblr page, along with episode 1, but I couldn't get the episode to play, so maybe it is region blocked... or just glitchy at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Can anyone identify the character in the top left corner? I don't recognise it from Combiner Wars or Titan Returns, and I thought I knew all the upcoming PoTp toys in the schedule
    Solus Prime perhaps?
    There are two Original Primes listed on the cast, and it is opposite Megatronus on the poster, who is the other Original Prime.

It's great to hear Victor Caroli's voice acting again. It's interesting that his vocal range hasn't changed all that much since the 80's, like so many other voice acting talents of that period - Peter Cullen included (his voice has really moved into that deep baritone range).

bowspearer Guest

Episode 3 ("without Warning") is up.