Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26364142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Mmmhmmm. Much ado about nothing
    Yep, maybe over time they will start requiring the permit so I thought it was best to get in quick.

Oh and the post office actually allowed me to pick it up at the back entrance after they had shut! Haven't opened the box up yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Mmmhmmm. Much ado about nothing
    If there is the chance of losing the expensive (and now hard to obtain) toy, like there was for MP-5 a few months after it was released, it is always better to be prepared in advance and it not be needed, than be unprepared and be caught out if/when they do start seizing them with no time or knowledge on what to do to save your toy.
    It's like wearing a helmet while riding a bike - you may never need it, but if you did have a crash, you won't know about it in advance, and you'd really wish you had one if you didn't.

The idea wasn't to panic people, it was to prepare people just in case it happened again. (and it still might in a few months time)
    If anyone was showing signs of panicking, it would be a lot less people than if we didn't have this information here... especially if/when Customs do start seizing them.
    (they seized MP-5 without us tipping them off, so if they start seizing MP-36, it wasn't because of us... it was just something they eventually do once they have the product in-hand to train their staff on how to find them)

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If there is the chance of losing the expensive (and now hard to obtain) toy, like there was for MP-5 a few months after it was released, it is always better to be prepared in advance and it not be needed, than be unprepared and be caught out if/when they do start seizing them with no time or knowledge on what to do to save your toy.
    It's like wearing a helmet while riding a bike - you may never need it, but if you did have a crash, you won't know about it in advance, and you'd really wish you had one if you didn't.

The idea wasn't to panic people, it was to prepare people just in case it happened again. (and it still might in a few months time)
    If anyone was showing signs of panicking, it would be a lot less people than if we didn't have this information here... especially if/when Customs do start seizing them.
    (they seized MP-5 without us tipping them off, so if they start seizing MP-36, it wasn't because of us... it was just something they eventually do once they have the product in-hand to train their staff on how to find them)
    From what I heard that kinda died off after a few months after it was discovered...or years, not sure going by something someone else told me, but I know when I imported r-18 games before we had r-18 ratings I did so 3-4 months after the government talked about it, mortal kombat 9 was so much sweeter as the forbidden fruit especially the kollectors edition

But it would be a bit of an odd one wouldn't you think, considering mp36's overly complicated transformation what kind of madman would take the time to transform him just to hold up a bank with him, then again mp-05 was not a cake walk either...

...how stable is the transformation anyway, for some reason I get the impression you can pop him apart if you press him in certain areas

For me, being legally compliant and having the permit is like a form of insurance. I hope to never make a claim, but it gives me peace of mind knowing that should the toy be detected that I have a means of legally claiming ownership. When I brought MP36 through airport customs after coming back from Japan, I had my permit in the luggage with the toy so that should Customs officers see it and question me, I can easily show them my permit. I also took photos of my storage case and the door to my TF room with close up shots of the case's padlock and the door's keylock - again, so that I would be able to show it Customs officers. Hope for the best (non-detection) but prepare for the worst (detection).

You do realise Gok that you kinda shot yourself in the foot there. You acknowledged that Megs required an import permit as a replica firearm, yet didn't declare him on the customs form? and according to the TV show Border Security, non-declaration is serious business

Anyhoo, I just submitted my B709 permit to WA police so we'll see where that takes me.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got my permit valid till November.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    yet didn't declare him on the customs form?
    I never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I never said that.
    My mistake

Mine arrived today from HLJ without being stopped by Customs, so they still haven't started intercepting these (yet).

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mine arrived today from HLJ without being stopped by Customs, so they still haven't started intercepting these (yet).
    I'm starting to suspect how perfect its bot mode and how...panel heavy the gun mode is might be making it difficult for customs to realize.

Considering the difficulty in transforming and damage done perhaps customs thought "why would anyone spend that long scuffing up a $200+ toy just to rob a shop with", even without the silencer installed on a first go he can be quite badly marred on transformation, making him stick out a bit more.

Although same could be used on mp05 and his double size should be a give away, anyways seems the only reason why customers are even checking from what I can tell is the silencer in packaging.