Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Would this constitute as an improvement?
    Well, it certainly looks more like the cartoon version, so good job there. But personally I think he looks better with legs.

So with all these MOTUC announcement from SDCC, I have to ask..

Who is Draego Man, Icarius and Fearless Photog (who I actually really like the look of)?

Why is there so much happening in Novemeber? So many good games and toys. ee gads. (rhetorical question)

Draego man is an original character created by Four Horsemen studios (who do all the MOTUC stuff amongst other toy lines). There was some suggestion on he-man.org that it might be an homage to a he-man knock-off line of toys called Galaxy Warriors

Icarius is a character otherwise called Flipshot from The New Adventures of He-man cartoon, a relaunch/attempt at getting back the original popularity of He-man from 1990. I only knew of him from skimming the list of New Adventures vintage toys on he-man.org, whilst trying to see which ones i'd like to see updated in MOTUC. I didn't think much of the original design, 4H have really done an excellent job updating him! I did kinda want Hydron though!

Fearless Photog is a character designed by a kid called Nathan Bitner, winner of a "design a character" competition in 1986. Part of the prize was getting the figure created, but until now it was just a broken promise!

I didn't know half that stuff myself till the other week, i'm becoming a motu-enclopedia thanks to he-man.org and wiki grayskull! And of course google

I'm not sure, but i think November is busy because last year, Christmas post delays frustrated lots of ppl, myself included (waiting for He-man & Battle Cat). November releases should arrive in time for everyone, not just people in the US. Doesn't help Demo man in December though!

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about that Photog guy.

Nathan was awarded a scholarship for 100,000 dollars, plus a five-day trip to Disneyland
    Did that kid actually get the $100,000 scholarship? That's one hell of a price from creating a toy character, specially back in the 80s!

What contact details are avalable to contact mattel? I tried emailing them some suggestions into making the subscription more friendly towards non-US citizens and got told I had to telephone Mattel directly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    What contact details are avalable to contact mattel? I tried emailing them some suggestions into making the subscription more friendly towards non-US citizens and got told I had to telephone Mattel directly...
    I think that they just gave you an answer right there.

I think that they just gave you an answer right there.
    I suspect as well, but I dont wanna go tto that much effort. Global economy my ass

I want to buy a Pollypocket She-Ra set from SDCC. Is that bad?

I want to buy a Pollypocket She-Ra set from SDCC. Is that bad?
    Probably, but you just reminded me that I want one too.

Damn it! I forgot about the sale..I guess that's a good thing