Thread: POTP Waverider

Default POTP Waverider

I ended up with a spare Cloudburst shell. I did think of painting it as the Grand Maximus pretender shell, but figured I'd hardly ever display it like that, so I decided to finish Metalhawk's Masterforce.... force (US style).
    I based the colours from Dreamwave's guidebook.
    At the moment it's an empty shell. Ghost in the Shell?

Masterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-force!

Perfect dude!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

We're robbed that there's not an official one coming. Can you make one for all of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We're robbed that there's not an official one coming. Can you make one for all of us?
    To be fair, I'm amazed we've got a Pretender nod in CHUG at all! And Cloudburst and Landmine were the 'main' ones in the Marvel comics from memory.

But yeah, this looks sweet! The grey is spot on. When these drop down to the inevitable $5 clearance price, may have to grab one and give this a go.

It's cool we got all the main/popular/featured Pretender characters (except King Con Iquanus) but I would have been happy to get all of them in this class and style. Would have loved Sky High and Vroom to get some love.

It's just seeing how Hasbro could have just done a straight repaint with no mold changes and it would have worked as Waverider screams missed opportunity.

That looks cool. I never liked Pretenders but POTP has changed that, and I think the key for me is the size change. It somehow makes more sense for exo-suits to go best with the smallest of figures.

This is not the first time a size change has shifted my attitude, with the TR Sharkticon being an example of small sometimes being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't think my eyes could take the strain

Great work!

Agreed that it is a great shame that we don't end up getting the full set of the first wave Autobot Pretenders, but this now has me wanting to go do my own!