2 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

1 7.14%
  • No

7 50.00%
  • Not even interested

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Studio Series Shatter (car type)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think it's a QC issue rather than a design issue, as in if the ball part of the ball-socket joint were a bit thicker then it may not be so prone to disconnecting. I might try to thicken it with a layer of super glue or something.
    I have just put clear nail polish around the rim of the socket. Much firmer in robot mode.

I am still having trouble freeing the arms from car mode. Pushing to the side to unpeg them puts pressure on a weak part of the ball joint. Maybe I should unpeg then open the fenders before moving the arms out? I have just put another coat of polish on so will test in an hour or two when it is solidly dry.

Im in agreeable. Shatter is fragile. I love the look of the car, and the robot is nice although i like to see her face. But she is prone to falling apart.

I was planning on trying nail polish on the bonnet piece. Glad to hear it helps.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Okay. Arms are staying on well now. When transforming from car mode, untab the red panels then lower the arms out from the underside. Untab the fenders from the bumper bar and move them out of the road. Lift the roof/windscreen and you are off to the races. It is just gentle tweaking from there.

Now the fenders are a different story. A clip and a circle of plastic. I am not sure how we can tighten that up. But they are proving key to everything. That includes posing the legs and arms in robot mode.

I have to say she is a good looking Con. Really imposing. Show a bit of care while transforming and posing and she works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Show a bit of care while transforming and posing and she works.
    ...which makes her bad as a toy because during actual toy play you don't want to be handling her with gloves like something that's really fragile. I mean, when you want to make Bumblebee and her go to to toe in the middle of an exciting fight, come on... having to slow down and handle her with care just takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I'll have to try that clear nail polish trick.

"Oh... its the name not the gimmick, I stuffed that one up"

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Shatter by name, shatter by nature
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Main Features/Gimmicks - falls apart^N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I almost spit tea everywhere. Well done!
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Very very mixed feelings on this.

I love the new things that it does in the transformation. There are some extra steps there that are not usually present on deluxe class figures. I love the way the lower legs spin and unfurl, and I adore the wheel flip so that it ends up inside her calves. Tolerances aside I also really like the way that a part of the hood ends up on her shoulder.

The robot mode looks great, and I love the accessories.

BUT

Aside from the well known tolerance issues in the shoulders, I find the articulation to be impeded. Legs are quite limited, and the shoulders have to be futzed with because the folded away door panels bash against the wheels on the shoulders if you're not careful.

I've found all three of the BB movie Studio Series figures I own to be quite ambitious in their engineering (BB, Dropkick, and this), and this is the one figure that is tangibly held back by it unfortunately.
    Last edited by SharkyMcShark; 12th May 2019 at 12:21 AM.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Shatter is one of my favourite new characters added to Transformers Cannon, but every toy they have released of her is crap. That`head looks nothing like her face or even the box art. I'm very disappointed with her paint apps, but hope they make an accurate head for the jet version. I'm a completist and had to buy her, but not happy Hasbro
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!