Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15253031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: April Acquisitions.

ahhh no spares for those as bread was excited about the "animation" cards and i gave him the last 5

I'm disappointed that I've posted this so late as it probably won't get as noticed as it should... Some of you might have already seen the artist's thread with pics anyway.

My First Custom

I recently acquired Protoform Prime. I had no intention of collecting either Protoforms, but the price was right ($15). Anyway, I was chatting with LCZ about how much I surprisingly liked the figure. He was on the lookout for the figure as well with the intention to paint. With that planted in my head, I thought about how the figure's finish really didn't do it justice. Here was this blob hurdling through intergalactic space. It shouldn't look so pristine and like dark blue plastic. It should look like worn metal. So, I cut LCZ loose and got a fantastic result!

Without further ado:

Thank you LCZ!!!!!!!!!!!

very nice indeed!!! getting starscream protoform repainted as well?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    very nice indeed!!! getting starscream protoform repainted as well?
    No. I don't find that mold nearly as impressive.

Very nice work by LCZ!

Very late, but have been busy editting 256 botcon photos, and now working on the full report (mostly for my own records, but also for anyone else interested in reading it).
    This photo is pretty much all my April Acquisitions, which is actually my 'BotCon Haul' photo. I only got two items in April that weren't from BotCon, which I guess could be a little disappointing, but March was a huge month, and I was really cutting back on TFs purchases before the big trip. The only two items I got in April that are not in this photo are Animorphs Viser 3 Ultra sized figure (no one will care if it isn't shown), and Time Warrior Watch (just a bit of merchandise most people either know or don't care... or both).

At the top - box to the convention set, RobotMasters 01 Convoy, Kissplay Worlds Smallest Autorooper with Atari figure, Anniversary Superlink Convoy with Kicker, BattleScene Bumblebee.
    Next 'row' - Convention Comic, Animated mini-poster, Transparent BT Mirage, Worlds Smallest TFs Megatron Vs Optimus box, Ehobby Black Ironhide, BattleScene Scorponok, Animorphs box.
    Next 'row' - Name badge, Postcard-sized flyer, Biocards, ANimated DVD, TFs post-it notes, Animorphs Tobias/Hawk, X-Dimension Space Team, G2 green Slag, Black RobotMasters Megatron, JP Beast Wars Returns Stryka (in show colours), Cybertron Poster.
    The rest from left to right, going from top to bottom - Animated Starscream, 2-pack Optimus, Voyager Megatron, Prowl, Bumblebee, Lockdown, Bulkhead, WST Megatron and Optimus, Animated 2-pack Megatron, Deluxe Optimus, Premium Barricade, Premium Jazz, Premium Bumblebee, X-Dimension Street Speed Team (Blue), JP Beast War Returns Thrust (show colours), JP Paradron Medic (green Energon Arcee), BotCon Jazz, Botcon Ricochet, SCF Super Ginrai, SCF Victory Saber, SCF Grimlock, SCF Minerva, SCF truck mode Convoy, BotCon Rampage, BotCon Divebomb, BotCon Razorclaw, BotCon Rodimus, Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Blurr, Grimlock, Whisper, Sideswipe.
    Looks like I didn't include the various comics I got over there as well, which included Trades/compilations of both IDW Beast Wars series, Spotlight Vol 2, Megatron Origin, Avengers Vs Transformers, plus the first issue of the Movie Sequel comic, Focus On Decepticons, Official Convention 2004 program Guide (one I didn't go to), GI Joe Vs TFs Vol 3 and half of Vol 4, and the Takara Visual Works book.

From last year's BotCon I brought back more Transformers items, but many were figurines like Robot Heros or SCFs, making this the best year so far with actual transforming Transformers. And that was despite having unexpected money troubles.

You win April! Wowzers.

Drool...

Looks like Griffin didn't get very much at all for April. I'm sure he could use a few more TFs.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    and Time Warrior Watch (just a bit of merchandise most people either know or don't care... or both).
    Wowza! If you don't mind me asking, how much did he happen to set you back?

Oh & I happened to notice that you acquired no new late Japanese G1 at Botcon. Did you not find anything that interested you or you did but their asking prices were over-inflated?