Page 448 of 481 FirstFirst ... 428438443444445446447448449450451452453458468 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

I download photos from photobucket and they are stretched. They are normal ratio when viewing on photobucket.

So I decide to give Aus Post shop mate a try by purchasing TR Arcee and Grotusque from TRU in the US. TRU post grotusque but cancel Arcee after shipping Grotusque. I only bought Grotusque to reduce shipping cost overall per bot. That Grotusque is going to be costly... Thanks TRU...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    So I decide to give Aus Post shop mate a try by purchasing TR Arcee and Grotusque from TRU in the US. TRU post grotusque but cancel Arcee after shipping Grotusque. I only bought Grotusque to reduce shipping cost overall per bot. That Grotusque is going to be costly... Thanks TRU...
    Did they give a reason why they cancelled it? Availability? That sucks.

I did the same thing but thankfully both mine were sent. If the Grotusque limit was more than one that would solve a lot of problems for people wanting to order. While I’m on that track, Aussie retailers suck for not stocking these toys (and Titan Master Ramhorn) in the first place.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Didn't say a reason, just cancelled. Given I can no longer order I am going to assume out of stock.

Anyone got a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Didn't say a reason, just cancelled. Given I can no longer order I am going to assume out of stock.

Anyone got a spare?
    I do... send me a pm if you want one posted from Brisbane (at what it cost me to have them posted from US TRU - I'd have to work it out, but it would be about the same as what others here paid all up).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I do... send me a pm if you want one posted from Brisbane (at what it cost me to have them posted from US TRU - I'd have to work it out, but it would be about the same as what others here paid all up).
    I was not expecting anyone to say yes. Thanks mate. PM sent.

On Friday afternoon I got home from work and found a big scratch in the passenger side door of my car.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I know who did it.

Last Friday, I had to park outside as a rare happening all the internal spaces were taken up. When I left on Friday afternoon there was a car next to me and I noticed the owner placing stuff in her boot while I was backing out. She is a very portly lady and at the time I reflected that there was no way she could have gotten out of her car in the morning without banging her door into mine as her car was very close. (the super frustrating part is there is no space next to the other side of her car so there was literally two feet of space that could have safely been used.)

The scratch is the same colour as her car and it wasn't there prior as far as I'm aware. I cover my car every night so I literally look at that door every day.

The door isn't perfect, it's got scratches and dings in it from other arseholes hitting it in carparks etc without leaving notes. but this scratch is about 6 inches long, straight up.

She has been at work over an hour now and hasn't approached me. I hate confrontation, and I am not sure I'll be able to confront her without losing my stack. This is the one time I've had the opportunity to follow up on a door ding, but is it fair to make someone pay for a door repair that is worse than if it was just the damage they did. (At some point there was a trolley impact that has actually deformed the metal of the door, I hate people so much).
    We don't work together but we come across each other in the work kitchen, etc.

do I give her a bit more time to come clean, do I walk over to her desk and slap her with her keyboard, do I take it to HR? I can't describe how pissed I am right now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Unfortunately, if she denies being at fault, there's nothing you can do if there is no video evidence.
    The colour being the same will be considered coincidental - it could have happened on another day/weekend, by a same coloured car etc.

You basically have 2 options - either politely bring it up with her and ask whether she may have inadvetantly bumped your car (you cant flat out accuse her or you're the one who could end up in trouble with HR if it gets out of hand) or you go to HR first, repeat to them what youve posted here ask them for their opinion. Its likely they will say exactly what I've said. Remember also she may genuinely have been oblivious to any contact made due to a variety of reasons.

One thing you can do that might help is to go out to her car during the day randomly and check to see if her driver's door has any of your paint on the rim/edge where it would have hit your door. Sometimes there is a two way transfer of colour. If there is take a snap. Again I think it will get passed of as coincidental but it could help.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I've asked the site security officer if he has any good camera angles of that area of the car park. we're a defence contractor so our security is pretty well set up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've asked the site security officer if he has any good camera angles of that area of the car park. we're a defence contractor so our security is pretty well set up.
    Borgeman is spot on. Without solid evidence it gets tricky.

You could always report it to your insurer (assuming you have comprehensive) and tell them what happened. They could go after her but I doubt it. You would probably just end up paying an excess and increasing your premiums.

Making her pay to fix the entire door; don't feel bad. Even if there was no damage to the door the cost would likely be the same anyway. They will need to replace the whole panel anyway so the other damage is irrelevant.