Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember when...

I heard about Classics when the news broke on the international forums and after I found the first two - Bumblebee and Astrotrain, I was immediately hooked. They're a great update to the original characters I grew up with.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thumbs up

In 2006, I was by myself when I unexpectedly saw that white & orangey fighter plane on a toy shelf. I really would want to share that joy at that time, I could've screamed, delighted to what I discovered, good thing I brought my sanity along. I never had known or opt to recognize any other TFs post the G1 series. And from henceforth, like many here, I have tracked all figures which have been released on the classic lines. And I'm glad I did!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    They're a great update to the original characters I grew up with.
    Swoop got kinda gipped though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Swoop got kinda gipped though.
    Have I missed something?
    I wasn't aware there's a classic version of Swoop?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Have I missed something?
    I wasn't aware there's a classic version of Swoop?
    There isn't really. He is just a minicon repaint. These 'Classics' minicon repaints have been generally ignored by fans as part of their Classics collection. They have also been mostly ignored in fiction aside from the Botcon07 comic which had Swoop as a 'blown up' character based on the minicon repaint.

http://www.transformersclassics.com/...minicons_robot

Very lame. I didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Very lame.
    I concur on that one... thought there was a classic deluxe or voyager collector's club exclusive that I missed out on or something

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    There isn't really. He is just a minicon repaint. These 'Classics' minicon repaints have been generally ignored by fans as part of their Classics collection. They have also been mostly ignored in fiction aside from the Botcon07 comic which had Swoop as a 'blown up' character based on the minicon repaint.

http://www.transformersclassics.com/...minicons_robot

Very lame. I didn't get it.
    Well, to call them repaints isn't actually correct. True they did get repainted 3 or four times after their initial release but their Classics release was their first one.

The story goes that those figures were supposed to have been sold as new moulds as part of the Cybertron line in the mini-con two-packs that were being progressively released. Why this didn't happen, I'm not sure. But Hasbro tried to get them released and so got them out in sets of three as part of the Classics line.

Unlike Kup, I snapped these all up because I'd become quite a fan of the mini-cons, but they've never really been part of my classics line-up. Although I did like The Collector's Club story with them tieing them into the "Generation 3" universe that Fun Publications has seemed to have created out of the Classics toys.

It's a real shame that we will never see Cosmos, Wheelie, and Warpath released at retail. Even the previous wave before that (Brawn, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee) saw limited release but at least that was something. I really liked these little fellows.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's a real shame that we will never see Cosmos, Wheelie, and Warpath released at retail. Even the previous wave before that (Brawn, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee) saw limited release but at least that was something. I really liked these little fellows.
    They did, just not in this country. If you ask nicely enough, someone over in New Zealand might be able track them down for you

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    They did, just not in this country. If you ask nicely enough, someone over in New Zealand might be able track them down for you
    Thanks 1AZRAEL1. I was originally going to order them from RK when they were first released, however couldn't justify the shipping for 3 small items.

They're not really that high on my 'want' list, it just would have been nice to see local distribution.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks