• Only if (something else)

2 8.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 4.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Battleslash & Roadtrap

Just picked up the POTP JP Battletrap (yes, it's exactly the same) and while I'm not very impressed with the Battleslash and roadtrap, BattleTrap is a mighty fine fellow indeed.

Really makes me wish they had dropped the robot modes for the two even more and sold them as a pack. AS individuals they are both kind of crap. They should have bundled these guys togther as a pair, like they did with the Legends Clone bots. Here in Japan, you can get the two of them for less than a deluxe, so they shouldve just made them a deluxe together IMO.

Battletraps flaws are due to the robot parts of the little guys. I really dislike the position of Roady's arms in Battletrap mode. The helicopter blade doesn't worry me too much.

I am very impressed

I'm also quite impressed with this kit, despite my initial misgivings.

I got the set for $30 and as a set these are more than worth that price of entry.

The most compromised mode is Battleslash's chopper mode, but I don't feel that any other mode is particularly handicapped by the gimmick. For example, I don't feel that as a standalone figure Roadtrap is much worse overall than Brawn/Outback from POTP.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I got the set for $30 and as a set these are more than worth that price of entry.
    Even more fun when Siege Skytread comes out and you can play mix 'n' match.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Even more fun when Siege Skytread comes out and you can play mix 'n' match.
    I appreciate the design effort but will likely miss Skytread. The fact that the halves of Battletrap have their own standalone robot modes was a large draw, notwithstanding that it's not G1 toy accurate.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I appreciate the design effort but will likely miss Skytread. The fact that the halves of Battletrap have their own standalone robot modes was a large draw, notwithstanding that it's not G1 toy accurate.
    It was a large enough draw for me, but honestly? For their size they were just waaaaaaaay to complex in transformation to be fun, which is why they stay in pants-and-torso mode.

As such, SkyFlyTreadWheels will be a must

Yeah, having just got these guys a few days back I sort of think the robot modes compromised things a bit. They're still good, but I would have preferred better alt-modes to (admittedly surprisingly good) individual bot modes.

Still, it's not like the G1 toys were great anyway, so I can let it slide. They're still an awesome little pair/set of toys.