View Poll Results: POTP DLX Sinnertwin - worth buying?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double yes!

4 100.00%
  • Just to complete the set

0 0%
  • Only if cheap (or something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested in... What's this guy's name again??

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP DLX Sinnertwin

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Toy Review - POTP DLX Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 3
    Released here - ~ September 2018
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$25-35 (US$17)
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Orthus
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Yellow, teal
    Main Accessories - Gun, combiner fist

FatalityPitt Guest

I finally managed to find PotP Sinnertwin and Cutthroat at Target this weekend. I decided to only get Sinnertwin as a standalone because I figured if I can’t get all the Terrorcons, I should at least get the one I had as a child. When I was a child, the stores in my area stocked G1 Skalor, Sinnertwin, and one of the Technobots (I think it might’ve been Lightspeed); but none of the other members of their respective teams (weird). As a result, the only G1 Terrorcon I had was Sinnertwin.

I have PotP Sinnertwin displayed in beast mode on my desk, and every time I look at it I keep thinking it’s a 3rd party toy when it really isn’t. I’m amazed that Hasbro not only produced new G1 Terrorcons after 30 years (they’re not as famous as the Combaticons), but they each have they’re own individual look and aren’t total repaints of existing toys.

PotP Sinnertwin’s beast mode is a faithful representation of the G1 toy’s beast mode, but with way more articulation! The G1 toy was basically a yellow lego brick with teal-coloured dog legs screwed on the sides. With the PotP version, to be able to bend the front legs and open the mouths, it allows for some pretty dramatic beast mode poses and expressions. The PotP figure’s hand gun is also sculpted to resemble a small version of the big cannon that came with the original G1 version – I love that attention to detail!

The robot mode looks like a blocky, generic-looking Decepticon (a bit boring to be totally honest), but it’s pretty accurate to the animation model in the G1cartoon. The figure’s got good articulation and is well-proportioned. To my pleasant surprise, the beast mode hind-leg kibble hardly stands out.

In theory, the transformation should be simple (SHOULD!), but I had some trouble transforming the robot mode legs to form the beast’s rear. There were these tabs protruding outward on the robot mode’s lower back, and these got in the way of me folding the calves over the thighs. I didn’t want to risk breaking the toy by using force, so I ended up consulting Youtube. Turns out that the panels need to be folded as such so that they just barely pass those tabs. Also I found closing the panels underneath the beast mode’s lower torso to require a bit of force. Fortunately the plastic is relatively soft and is less likely to break.

Overall, I like both the robot and beast modes (although the beast mode is where it truly shines). It’s not a bad standalone figure, but this is coming from someone who had G1 Sinnertwin and none of the other Terrorcons, so my perspective might be different from most. I think most people would enjoy this figure more if they had the other Terrocons to form Abominus. Only complaint is that it’s a bit tricky to transform because of the inconvenient placement of some plastic tabs that get in the way.

I got mine a few months ago & am very happy with him.

While I have all five Terrorcons, I haven't combined them & am not interested in doing so; I find Sinnertwin satisfying on his own which is what I wanted from him.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister