Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Bruticus and Blast Off revealed

Well I love it a hell of a lot more than Hasbro's lazy attempt. Can't wait to get him in 6 months.

I wonder if we will get a Runination repaint out of this set?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Given the constraints of the basic Deluxe limbs while remaining faithful to the G1 design, I must say that Blast Off looks fantastic. Thankfully for my wallet I'm not interested in Bruticus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Shuttle modes not great, but it's probably the best we could expect for a Combiner Wars mold, this is till one better than the Arielbots for at least attempting to hide robot kibble.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Well I love it a hell of a lot more than Hasbro's lazy attempt. Can't wait to get him in 6 months.
    Definitely agree with you both! It may not be the best mold, but it's definitely better than a repaint!

I'm glad I decided to wait for this one. I didn't mind the fact that CW Blast-off was a fighter plane, since it makes sense in a team of military vehicles. I was turned off by the fact that Hasbro made him a redeco of Slingshot. A new head would've been enough.

I'm not such a stickler for G1-accuracy in this case; I want unique moulding for Blast-off.

From the other page of the same magazine (showing Optimus Primal), at the bottom of the Bruticus section says Onslaught will include a loader (trailer part) just like the g1 toy

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    not overly surprising, like many have said, would have preferred if Vortex looked more like an actual attack chopper.
    Yeah the Alpha Bravo mold is overstaying it's welcome. I really hope they fix up the colours on that guy too. It's one of the things that has been holding me off getting the CW release.

The shuttle mode Blast-Off is better than I expected but (like Groove) is not groundbreaking stuff. Still intending to get a CW Blast-Off for the thematic sense of it all.

It wouldn't be hard to do a shapeways/3rd party add-on to replace the front of Vortex's helicopter mode since it's literally just balljoints.

I'm pretty happy with Takara's Version of Blast Off for this series. I like that they have at least attempted to make the arms part of the shuttle mode (booster rockets) and has a more accurate head

I was ok with the choice of a fighter plane for the Hasbro version but could not for the life of me understand why they chose Slingshot's head Alpha Bravo's head would of been an much better choice IMO...it at least has a face plate...

TF Yuki having some fun!

The Allspark has uploaded some hi-res scans of Blast Off from Figure King.