Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

HDTV? don't know

Torchwood series two? Starts well, goes a bit off the rails, ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    HDTV? don't know

Torchwood series two? Starts well, goes a bit off the rails, ends well.
    Season three should be interesting if it has Mickey Smith and Martha Jones as part of the cast. I've read it's only going to be made up of five episodes though. It seems as though the next season of Doctor Who is only going to be made of two or three movie-length episodes also. Perhaps these are signs of things winding down for the Doctor Who franchise after the next lot of seasons?

I'm not sure Martha will be part of the cast. I read that Freema is going to star in Law and Order: London which is on a different UK network so she's not likely to be on two shows.

The next "season" of Doctor Who is just some telemovies before the new series 'by Steven Moffat . I think partly its to give David Tennant a break to do some other things instead of Doctor Who full time. Hopefully that means he can hang around as the Doctor longer.

Freema's been ruled out because of her filming commitments to L&A:L, though you never know, that could just be a misdirection as well.

However if neither Martha or Mickey appear in next year's Torchwood, I hope they at least explain why considering how this year's DW ended and what it was basically implying.

*insert big NOOOOO here*

Well, he had to leave sometime-and I suppose he should leave before he becomes too attached to the role.

Wouldn't it be ironic if John Simm got to be the next Doctor? The Doctor would be all 'Oh blimey, I've regenerated into my arch-nemesis!'

i havent read Jacksplatts link, c'mon it cant be true, Tennant said he would stay on longer then Tom the Baker.

Oh it's very much true.

And I personally am blaming RTD who I believe secretly has a plan to leave the show in an absoloute mess for Stephen Moffett.

well i cant be bothered speculating, why read spoilers? if he wants to leave theres not much anyone can do.

Gotta wonder why they chose C.Eccleston as the Doctor, you need an actor who will stick it out for years. Other wise its a waste of a regeneration

i saw one of the freaks from the DR Who club WA the other day, sterotype nerds and fanboys they be!

My guess is Eccelston never said to them when he got the job "I only want to do one year" until filming was well under way.

They also probably didn't count on DW being the huge success that it's been.