Page 424 of 467 FirstFirst ... 404414419420421422423424425426427428429434444 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

What have you guys been playing lately
    I mainly play fortnite and binding of isaac afterbirth +
    I plan to get D2 and rainbow six siege soon

Quote Originally Posted by ReximusPrimal View Post
    I plan to get D2
    Diablo 2? Greatest game of all time, but aren't you a little late to the party?

I know you mean Destiny 2, but as a Diablo player since D1 I gotta poke a little fun.

Anyway I'm still playing GTA Online, but now that almost everything from the drip feed of content from the current DLC is out I'm wanting the next DLC content.

Played a little Evil Within 2 that I got for free cause someone I know got 2 Steam codes in the one box.

Played a little more PC Building Simulator which while totally still early access is feeling much more complete now.

More Forza Motorsport 7. I have a feeling FM7 might be the last FM game and they just goto the World of Warcraft expansion model from here. They are just working on updating FM7 each month, adding cars and car packs. T10 claims they have nobody working on the next FM game and everyone is still on FM7. Personally I'm a little sick of the bi-annual Madden model they have been doing of just getting you to re-buy everything from the previous game every two years with some new content and gameplay improvements.

I might preorder FH4 next week. I'm trying not to preorder gamers anymore but given how much I love the Forza franchise I doubt I'll dislike the game. Hell I even loved FM7 in it's incredibly busted state at launch.

Oh and played a bunch of Civ 6 after buying all DLC and the expansion for it. In my current playthrough my Australia has completely taken over Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

Played a little more PC Building Simulator which while totally still early access is feeling much more complete now.
    Is that actually educational? I've always wanted to build PCs but the prospect of doing something wrong and breaking stuff that cost me thousands has always meant that I've palmed it off to friends, or computer shops.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Is that actually educational? I've always wanted to build PCs but the prospect of doing something wrong and breaking stuff that cost me thousands has always meant that I've palmed it off to friends, or computer shops.
    It's not really that educational. You would be better off watching a Linus Tech Tips build log on YouTube if you want in depth how to build information. But PC Building Simulator will at least give you the basics and let you preview cases to get a little bit of an idea of what you're getting into with building into a specific case.

I play it more to live out my PC repair business fantasy.

I don’t want to derail the thread and happy to move onto the PC build thread but building your own PC actually isn’t difficult. For the most part each component is designed to fit a very specific way and unless you’re the type to jam a square peg into a round hole, it all fits like a jigsaw puzzle.

Currently playing through Wolfenstein New Colossus which is just a crazy Nazi killing gore fest. Love it! Once I finish I’m looking at the next Spider-Man PS4 game for some couch-relaxing gaming.

On the side I also play Star Wars Battlefront 2 and although the new roadmap is welcome, I’m afraid it feels a little too late. There’s nothing but a skeleton crew left working on the game and failing to keep players hooked is just death by a thousand cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I don’t want to derail the thread and happy to move onto the PC build thread but building your own PC actually isn’t difficult. For the most part each component is designed to fit a very specific way and unless you’re the type to jam a square peg into a round hole, it all fits like a jigsaw puzzle.
    Yeah it's not that hard, but if you want some advice I can give you plenty. Just head over to the PC building thread. Also I can link you to plenty of good build logs on Youtube from great reviewers in the PC space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

Currently playing through Wolfenstein New Colossus which is just a crazy Nazi killing gore fest. Love it! Once I finish I’m looking at the next Spider-Man PS4 game for some couch-relaxing gaming.

On the side I also play Star Wars Battlefront 2 and although the new roadmap is welcome, I’m afraid it feels a little too late. There’s nothing but a skeleton crew left working on the game and failing to keep players hooked is just death by a thousand cuts.
    The physically putting cards in slots and mounting the mobo part is stuff I've done. It's the more finnicky stuff like making sure all the switches/external ports are wired properly to the mobo and everything is connected to the PSU properly that trips me up.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    The physically putting cards in slots and mounting the mobo part is stuff I've done. It's the more finnicky stuff like making sure all the switches/external ports are wired properly to the mobo and everything is connected to the PSU properly that trips me up.
    Fair enough. The front IO is still the worst part of building a PC since there is no standard connector layout for the power, reset, HDD LED, and power LED and they are small and finicky to instal.

I really want to play Spider-man, but I really don't want to play it until I have a 4K HDR display to experience it properly. (same with God of War)

Hopefully Asus will release the CG32 4K HDR console gaming monitor before the end of the year so I can play Spider-man and God of War the way I want to.

I’ve got a 4K OLED but only a standard PS4. I still ended up getting Spiderman as I’ve got nothing better to play at the moment. The comparison vids I’ve seen don’t show enough of a significant change for me to be bothered.

Combined with the fact that a PS5 is likely around the corner, there’s less incentive for me to fork out for a pro.