Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US Amazon shipping some regular TFs toys overseas

Amazon is now my new best friend.

The three boxes were shipped on the 12th.
    One arrived on the 17th!
    The other two arrived on the 18th.

Five day shipping from Kentucky, America... for less than what it would cost to post just one of the boxes within Australia.
    Actually, it took just three business days, which is how long it can take to post stuff from Brisbane to Perth.

I don't know if this is the norm for Amazon shipping, but even if it takes 2 or 3 times as long, I still wouldn't be complaining at these prices.
    It would still take longer and cost more driving around the stores to find all these.

There's no way Hasbro Australia would want this to continue if they ever found out about it.

EDIT - I just opened up the 3 boxes... if you are a Mint Packaging collector, this is not the option for you. The two bigger boxes had a small token effort of packing material in them, which ended up with a lot of bent backing cards. Since the outer shipping boxes are strong and protect the contents well, the toys are fine (for me). The backing cards can be flattened out, so I'm happy with what I got, for what I paid.
    Last edited by griffin; 20th July 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Photo proof...

All that for just $25 shipping, and just 3-4 business days.

Jump on this option, while it exists.

These were the prices I paid:
    Cmdrs - $11.14 to $14.99
    Deluxes - $14.61 to $17.71
    Voyagers - $27.43 to $27.99
    Optimus Maximus - $34.99
    Rescue Bots playset - $32.99

Even with one Cmdr figure costing the same as it would here, the overall savings and shipping (equating to about $2 per toy), made it worth it.

With that big order did they give you shipping options or was it only letting you go express?

I think there was just the one shipping option. Considering how fast it arrived, a more expensive option wouldn't be necessary... and there's hardly a need for a cheaper option at that price.

Oh i mean, i wonder if it was the size of your order that limited your shipping options to just express. I ordered 4 Classic TMNT and had the option of $15 for regular (2-3 weeks) or $45 express (4-5 days). Though using those costs, it seems your $25 shipping may have been regular, and just managed to make it through very quickly for some reason?

Yeah, I can't recall. You could be right, in that it might have been no choice, due to the size of the order.

Just had another look tonight, and they've added a few new items (like Series 2 Kre-O), and discounted a number of TFPrime toys that aren't even here yet (like Dead End, Hotshot, grey Bbee) as well as others that are still hard to find (Voyager Starscream & Bulkhead, Nightwatch Optimus).
    Just make sure that your items are from "Amazon Export sales", but if you are signed in, your location should prevent you from "carting" items that are restricted.

I just ordered the Kre-O Devastator set, Stealth Bbee set and two Marvel TFs, and it didn't give me a choice with shipping - "AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (averages 8-16 business days)"
    Shipping amount for those four items was quoted as AU$33.48. A little more than my last lot, but these 4 are some big items... so would still be half what BBTS or going through the shipping agent would cost.

Sorry about the constant raving... but I just can't get over how great this is, since I buy so many TFs, and can't afford to pay Australian prices all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sorry about the constant raving... but I just can't get over how great this is, since I buy so many TFs, and can't afford to pay Australian prices all the time.
    What sucks for me the most is I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Visa Debit card so I can also join in on the fun!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Just bought the 4 TMNT Classics. Let's see how this goes.

After speaking to the ACCC, IP Australia and Customs, I've found out that Toys & Games are definitely not part of what's allowed for parallel-importing, which means the foreign-owned toy companies hold a monopoly on distribution in this country.
    Until that changes, this info shouldn't be brought to the attention of toy companies here, as they would put a stop to it if they find out about it. (because it would mean selling less over-priced stock to retailers here, if less Australians buy from domestic stores)
    I'm sure they will find out about it (if not already), and will force Amazon to stop, so take advantage of it while it lasts.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th December 2012 at 01:05 AM.