Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 616212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Currency rates (added every week or two).

People were forecasting US$1.50 within a couple years a few years ago when it hit its peak.
    People forecast all sorts of things, but it's like predicting the weather in 3 years time - it's really just a guess, and those who actually guess right, boast about it as if they actually knew.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    People were forecasting US$1.50 within a couple years a few years ago when it hit its peak.
    People forecast all sorts of things, but it's like predicting the weather in 3 years time - it's really just a guess, and those who actually guess right, boast about it as if they actually knew.
    like the Christmas Day weather prediction in mid november is always 25 degrees and sunny.

What frustrates me is that so many "news" outlets and people give these "experts" the time of day.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I noticed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays rate are almost at best where $1 Aus is 92 yen or something.

Good, things are going according to plan. I only hope it only gets better from here, makes it easier to get stuff from the US.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Big gains on the four major currencies in the last month (since the last rates were posted on 2nd March, which were all down on the month before). The NZ$ is doing better than the AU$, as we have dropped a little on theirs over the last two months.

As of today, according to xe.com, these are the current rates for AU$1...

- US$ - 0.9339 (gained 4c in 4 weeks)
    - GB£ - 0.5586 (up almost 5%)
    - JP¥ - 95.782 (gained almost 5 yen, or 5% in 4 weeks)
    - EU€ - 0.6783 (up 5%)
    - NZ$ - 1.0764 (down very slightly)

(bank and paypal rates are 2-3% less than the figures above)

We're slowly climbing. Good.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

- US$ - 0.9346 (almost unchanged in 6 weeks)
    - GB£ - 0.5567 (very slightly up)
    - JP¥ - 94.863 (down)
    - EU€ - 0.6817 (up slightly)
    - NZ$ - 1.0825 (up slightly)

Man, the Aussie dollar can be your best friend, and then the next day be a royal prick lol... Is definitely a bit of a head ache when running a business that relies on it a fair bit... first world problems I guess haha

After the tough budget and drop in consumer sentiment, the AU$ lost almost 2 US cents last week, peaking at 94c and going as low as 92.1c
    (there were probably other factors in play though compounding it, as the drop occurred the following week, 5 days after the budget on the 13th)

Historically though, the AU$ does often drop mid-year, or around the time I go to BotCon.

It's worth noting that the AU$ should remain fairly "high" for as long as the Reserve bank doesn't cut interest rates, as we are still way above the major currencies when it comes to Central Bank rates - we are at 2.5%, compared to 0.1-0.5% of the four major currencies (Euro, US$, JPY, GBP).
    That means, it is more likely that parking your money in banks here for security, will earn you more than in almost any other country.
    New Zealand is at 3% and apparently got their budget into the black (I think I heard that a few weeks ago), which is probably why their currency has been doing better than the AU$ in the last 2 years against the US$ (they've slightly strengthened to the point of almost breaking their record 88.2c from mid-2011 earlier this month, while we lost a fair bit of ground from our high of $1.10 during that same time in 2011).
    Now would be a good time for Kiwi fans to go to America for TFs conventions and shop up a storm.

It's been almost four months since the last update... and little has changed on the US$ rate.
    And after talking up the NZ$ in May, it peaked in July and has been sliding ever since, losing 5 US cents in the last two months (and lost over 5 AU cents during that time as well).

- US$ - 0.9281 (down slightly since May... but if I'd posted this two days ago, it would be "slightly up", due to losing almost a whole cent on Monday.)
    - GB£ - 0.5636 (up slightly since May)
    - JP¥ - 97.628 (up a lot since May)
    - EU€ - 0.7068 (up a fair bit since May)
    - NZ$ - 1.1172 (up a lot since May)