Season 1 down.

Ok, I decided to watch this while not thinking about the implications of beast modes, and also just forgetting other Transformers series past and present, while watching these episodes and just taking them for what they were.

I liked it, I really did, while ignoring the whole beast transforms thing. Why they still don't explode in a shower of blood, I dunno. Sure it started off pretty slow, typical on patrol, see a predacon, have a fight, go home types of episodes.

It then got interesting with the signs of alien presence with the formations and "The Probe".

My favorite episode was "Call of the wild", followed by "Law of the Jungle" (poor kitty died. ).

Rhinox's transformation always looked painful.

Out of the new characters that came into the show, I liked Airazor the best, followed by Tigatron. The ant was ok too, very tough bugger.

Then it sort of got a little annoying near the end, they started to really overdo the physical comedy.

Also I think they borrowed too much on Ultra magnus in the 1986 movie. It seemed that being blown to bits, literally, didn't mean they were dead and just happened to be a "meh" type thing as though being dismantled was no biggie.

Now from a collector POV, nah, I don't want the toys. I accepted the mass shifting in the show, the toys don't translate well enough for me at all. I MIGHT get a cheetor if I had the opportunity (original mould), but that would be it. I'm just enjoying the show instead, the toys don't do it for me at all. Pretty much like Animated.

------Other train of thoughts------

But unlike Animated, I like how there are no "every character has a backstory" episode.

I'm actually finding it strange and funny at the same time that the big beast wars fans here demanded those types of episodes in Animated while making their BW comparisons, which to me, (BW), are more like G1 episodes. So why the want? That sort of thing is for the 15-17year old Emo anime freaks who think that living lives and having small tragedies are "deep". But I think that they've just forgotten what character-centric means and the types that they are. EG: Law of the jungle was Tigatron centric, it didn't have a big Emo character backstory in it, (how he teamed up with his mate and how they hunted together before she died), but he was the "main character" for that episode, his tragedy was in the here and now, not sourced from a past. I think that Lost has changed what people think it means.

I'm currently ripping 2nd season to the HDD on my laptop. So further evaluation will follow in the next week or two.