Thread: Seacon connector issue

Default Seacon connector issue

Hey guys, I recently acquired the Universe Piranacon reissue, and noticed that my Seawing has an issue with his combiner peg for arm/gun mode being extremely loose. Is there an easy way to fix this? Nail polish didn't help and I'm actually not sure if something is broken. The rest of them all have such strong pegs which almost "snap" into place quite easy, but Seawing's just drops loose.

Would unscrewing him help?

Cheers!

I unboxed my Universe Piranacon to help you!

Try this: because Seawing (unlike the other limbs) doesn't use his head as the connector, try pushing his peg fully into Snaptrap's socket. You notice that Seawing can click in once (leaving him floppy) but straigten up and push again so that Seawing's body is almost flush with Snaptrap's socket. You might have to wriggle and force it a little but the peg will go in further. You should endup with a 3mm gap between Seawing's body and Snaptrap's shoulder. (instead of the 8mm gap you may have had before).

If you're already doing this and he's still floppy then sorry, I'm out of tricks! Might be a problem with Snaptrap's socket?

Thanks for the reply and the effort involved with your assistance mate! I'll certainly try this and see how it works! Cheers!

Lint, thanks again for your help mate but it seems the connection was faulty. Luckily I have managed to identify and fix up the problem!

Basically, the piece of grey plastic that is behind his chest connector... is actually a seperate piece from the rest of his chest. It's actually connected to the same apparatus his wings are on.

On my Seawing, this piece was warped and skewed over to the left. I tried straightening it with a hair dryer and hot water but the results were very minimal. So instead I used a small piece of a match stick (I know, weird choice but close to me at the time) and wrapped it up in sticky tape until I had the desired thickness. I then wedged this in between the bit of plastic on the side and the bit that needed to be straightened. I used a little bit more sticky tape doubled up and placed it behind, as to wedge the piece forward slightly as well.

Once I screwed him all back together, voila! The connector piece is now longer loose and has the desired "snap" effect. I took a picture which I'll post if anyone wants to see, but I tell you what, there were a lot of parts on the inside that had stress marks! Especially where the screws go. Makes you wonder how many other figs are actually stressing in places where you can't actually see them!

Once again Lint I appreciate your response!
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun