Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay question?

Wow, must be something special about that bike that my untrained eyes didn't see.
    better luck next time Janda
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Looks legit enough to me, though I still can't think of a good reason to hide bid history like that.

the .99c bids is just a method to try and beat someone elses max bid I'd suggest.
    The seller has been a member since 2003 and has a 100% positive feedback so I'd suggest they're just getting rid of an old bike. the last thing they want to do is get a negative feedback with only 208 feedback in total.

if you're paying COD, and only bid what you're comfortable with, you can always refuse to pay and walk away if it's not the real deal as advertised. and put in a complaint to eBay.

optionally, if you can fit it in before the end of the auction, ask if you can visit and look at the bike in person. then you'll know what you're buying for sure. of course with under 3 hours left that might be difficult.
    Usually if i try to outbid someone i would set my amount to 1-5 cent more at the dollar. e.g. $22.05, reason i say .99cents seems like shill bidding is that its under the full dollar which usually makes the current top bid just reach its maximum if someone was shill bidding.

I had someone list an item on ebay for me as privately listed so only I could buy the item as we had already sorted out price and freight. It was someone I dealt with on a regular basis

How long do you usually wait for correspondence?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    How long do you usually wait for correspondence?
    couple of days.... although I usually start to worry if I haven't heard anything after 24hrs.

people have kids etc..... life can get in the way sometimes is how I view it