Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1626313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

I'm looking at my shelf of '84-'85 MP characters + Ratbat, really want more of the cast. I know we are getting more, but it feels like it's going so slow I won't have a full cast in my lifetime.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm looking at my shelf of '84-'85 MP characters + Ratbat, really want more of the cast. I know we are getting more, but it feels like it's going so slow I won't have a full cast in my lifetime.
    this is why some people joined the 3p wagon. < note these are the people who want to display bots as MISB collectors focus only on official products.

I am a bit surprised we have waited for Jazz for quite a while and still no show on either 3p or official.

Hasbro has gone so slow that I don't even think about them for masterpiece unless I missed a takara version.

First of all, it's Masterpiece. A line that focuses on quality over quantity.
    Secondly, bear in mind that it's the same people who work on MPs who also work on other Transformers lines, such as Combiner Wars, Titans Returns, Robots In Disguise etc., and they have to create all of these products within tight deadlines.
    Thirdly, if we look at the overall trend of Masterpiece toys released each year, we can see a general increase in the annual average number of sets released.※

Datum

Analysis
    • Early MP period (2004-09)
      Total No. of MPs released = 8
      Average = 1.3 per year

• New MP period (2011-16)
      Total No. of MPs released = 23
      Average = 3.8 per year

• Total MP period (2004-16)
      Total No. of MPs released = 31
      Average = 2.4 per year

Results
    The current trend of MPs released per annum is 1.6 times the rate of release for the entire period of MPs, and nearly triple (x2.9) the rate of released compared to the early years.

Conclusion
    The speed at which Takara(TOMY) are producing Masterpiece Transformers has, on the whole, significantly increased. i.e. MPs are being produced at a notably faster rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes
    1. I'm including all MPs released in December as part of that proceeding year's release. e.g. MP-1 as 2004, MP-22 as 2015 etc. Although these toys were released in Dec, IMO they were generally intended for the following year (as evidenced by MP-1's 2004 20th anniversary logo on the box); these toys are often released in December to capitalise on holiday sales.
    2. I have only included general mass-release figures and have not included any special/limited figures. Sorry, Tiger Track.

I know Goki, but it still feels so damn slow.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So with CW flying off the shelf, but UW shelfwarming what do you guys think are the chances of us getting MP Combiners?

So with CW flying off the shelf, but UW shelfwarming what do you guys think are the chances of us getting MP Combiners?
    My guess would be not for a while at least. Hasui said that one of the big draws for him to work on CW/UW Devastator was because it was the closest thing to a MP combiner he could get for the time being. He incorporated a lot of ideas he had for a MP Devi into the CW version.

But you never know. The rate they're pumping out MPs it has surely been discussed a few times.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatran Guest

Has there been an announcement on MP 31? Sems like a dry spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Has there been an announcement on MP 31? Sems like a dry spell.
    According to TFWiki BW Convoy is 31, not sure if that's accurate but Convoy has to get a number at some point and 31 is available.

According to TFWiki BW Convoy is 31, not sure if that's accurate but Convoy has to get a number at some point and 31 is available.
    In wonderfest they still put MP?? for BW Convoy...Takara is still not confirming MP31

Maybe they will start a whole new numbering system for Beast Wars simliar to when Takara did the movie MP figures