Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Postal Service at your place

In Japan right now, and the service here is brilliant.. You can generally instruct what time of day (about 6 different periods) you want it delivered. If they still manage to miss you, they leave a card and you can call and get it re-delivered next day (we even had one re-delivered the same day!)

The home service is pretty good. They often do the deliveries around 8-ish. Sometimes later on a Monday due to the weekend backlog.

Work however .... different story. We're now getting our mail delivered and collected and have told them we want it done by 9:30. I've been there 2 and a half weeks and they've yet to be any earlier than 10:30.

But otherwise, really can't complain about them except for the time it takes for something interstate to arrive (1 week from Sydney or Melbourne)

At my old place it wasn't that great. It was usually in the morning, but right after I left for school. I usually found them at the door when I got home or a note in the mailbox, but it was about 50/50
    We moved about a year ago, just down the road from our old place, but it was into the zone of a new post office. This place has been great.
    Every delivery is usually in the morning right before I leave for work/uni, or before my brother or mum leave. Either that or they leave a note in the post box.
    Only problem is that sometimes they get the wrong unit. The house is one of those 3 on one bloke places, so on the odd occasion they go to the wrong door, which is alright because if the neighbours are home and we ain't, they will sign for it and bring it over when I get home
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

90% for me at 7:30 to 10:00. Very rarely any other time of day for me. Once or twice on a Saturday for EMS stuff (which really surprised me) but nothing unusual otherwise
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Nice to hear feedback from you guys, now I know postal service differs at every place. It's awesome that Japan has such a great service, fancy re-delivering the parcels at the time you want, here even the courier companies don't do that! Or at least the ones I know, they leave a card and make you drive to their office to pick it up!

Anyway I would like to have parcels delivered to my office as well, but at my previous company, sometimes it's the General Manager himself who collects the post or the nosy accounts lady, so I couldn't have so many parcels coming for me, otherwise I'm gonna get bombarded. And now at the new job is even worse! We have our own mail room and yet sometimes the mail room girls open your parcels to check and its understandable since we're a govt. organization and they are afraid of terrorists attacks or stuff. So it's everything delivered to the house.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

I love my main man. He shows up super early though (7:30/8) and he always starts off by saying, "Good morning Jason. I'm sorry for waking you." He's been on holiday for the past month (and for supposedly another two) so I'm missing him. His replacement delivers more so in the afternoon.

He's not really a "postie" though. He's a Post Contractor (with the magnetic red label stuck on his white van).

My postman is Butch, i enjoy his smile, always late morning deliveries
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I'm awaiting a delivery of a very important item to me, it is coming from Japan via EMS so I have been able to keep track of it. What the hell is it doing at the Melbourne receival centre

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I'm awaiting a delivery of a very important item to me, it is coming from Japan via EMS so I have been able to keep track of it. What the hell is it doing at the Melbourne receival centre
    I had it diverted.

Posties have mostly been good for me - there have been a few cases of leaving it in front of my parents' place, but I'm not that fussed- nothing's ever been stolen (I think my parents' area is pretty good that way )

Anything that's sent to my current home is always carded (there's no way to deliver it otherwise) but I think once my neighbour brought it in for me

That said... with EMS, I usually have no problem at all... but this just recently :
    Have a EMS package from F2F that's been on the way to me for about 5 weeks now, and lo and behold - I contact them asking them why has it been in customs for 3 weeks now, they go off, investigating, then yesterday they call me and say that they can't find the package over here. Yes, you've lost a piece of Soundwave - with a chance of finding him... Aus Post on the other hand has lost... a whole package. Sh!t! Emailed Ryan of F2F already and hoping that something will happen with it Dammit!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther