Thread: Generations Wave 4?

Default Generations Wave 4?

So far we have confirmed Wave 4 Legends (Skywarp and Rodimus), and Leader (Starscream)... and only unofficial sources for Voyager (Optimus Maximus) and Deluxe (Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Mirage).

With the confirmation of all Wave 3 toys, it shouldn't be long until all of Wave 4 is officially revealed.

So far, we have artwork that backs up some of the Deluxe and Voyager toys...
    This is artwork suggesting that Ironhide will be a reworked Offroad toy, while this artwork is a larger version of an earlier image, showing a white Optimus Prime (as Optimus Maximus), a yellow Breakdown (as Sunstreaker), and what is said to be a blue/white Dragstrip (as Mirage.
    That leaves Prowl still unseen, but is likely to be a reworked Streetwise.

If those five toys are true, the final wave of Series 1 are...

Legends Wave 4
    Skywarp - black jet (Decep - redeco 2013 Starscream)
    Rodimus - red/yellow car (Auto - redeco Blackjack) (with chest-piece mode for Combiners)

Deluxe Wave 4
    Ironhide - reworked Offroad (Auto)
    Mirage - reworked Dragstrip (Auto)
    Prowl - ??? reworked Streetwise ??? (Auto)
    Sunstreaker - reworked Breakdown (Auto)

Voyager Wave 4
    Optimus Maximus - redeco Optimus Prime (Auto)

Leader Wave 4
    Starscream - redeco Thundercracker (Decep)

Of the six Voyagers, these are the known combiner names.
    Silverbolt with any four limbs - Superion
    Optimus Prime with any four limbs - Ultra Prime
    Motormaster with any four limbs - Menasor
    Hot Spot with any four limbs - Defensor
    Cyclonus with any four limbs - Galvatronus
    Optimus Maximus with any four limbs - (unknown)

So, since these make up the numbers that Hasbro announced at NYCC, and would be out by June/July (Wave 3 has an April release date), can we expect a second series a couple months later in the second half of the year... instead of waiting 6 months if these were meant to be all of the 2015 GEN toys?
    After all, the source of many wave 3 & 4 toy names that have now proven to be true, has also noted several more GEN toys that have not yet been revealed.
    And what of the unreleased 2014 Legends toys that were supposed to be coming out this year? (which I forgot to ask at Toyfair)

I think it more likely that Prowl will be based on Rook, for two reasons: first, that Streetwise is already a retool of Dead End, so redecoing Rook would maximise mould reuse; second, because it would better match Prowl's most recent appearances in the comics, where he is an ATV/SWAT vehicle rather than just a police car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I think it more likely that Prowl will be based on Rook, for two reasons: first, that Streetwise is already a retool of Dead End, so redecoing Rook would maximise mould reuse; second, because it would better match Prowl's most recent appearances in the comics, where he is an ATV/SWAT vehicle rather than just a police car.
    Venksta, the guy on TFW who gave us all the news (Devastator, Ultra Magnus) said that Prowl is a reworking of Streetwise. He could be wrong, but it seems more likely.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I do like the idea of prowl been a reworking of Rook. I think it would be a bit more interesting to separate him more from Streetwise. I would be fine with a car, just hope its an amazing deco.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How awesome would the technobots have been instead...

I think at the moment until I get a full menasor and possibly cyclonus, I'll be where I want with this line. But we'll see.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Apart from the Legends, Wave 4 'should' be an easy skip for me. Universe Prowl, Mirage and Sunstreaker are FAR superior than these CW things. Ironhide may be a buy depending on how it looks. Not a fan of combining Optimuses.

This line just keeps 'rolling' on and I'm loving it. In fear of sounding like a broken record and being that guy but......what a year! 2015 is the new 1985