Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 Bumblebee Movie toys and Studio Series

Default SDCC 2018 Bumblebee Movie toys and Studio Series

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/18/s...-images-368109

Finally a look at the Studio Series BB deluxe.

This ticks all of my boxes. Looks incredible!

Edit by griffin...

Seibertron's photos here
    TFW Studio Series gallery here - and MPM6 Ironhide here

New Studio Series toys on display in these links...
    SS-20 - Gold BM (Bumblebee Movie) VW Bumblebee with Decepticon Uriad and an Autobot Zauru (Vol 2 Retro Pop Highway)
    SS-21 - ROTF Starscream
    SS-24 & 25 - 2-pack TF5 Bumblebee & BM VW Bumblebee
    SS-?? Shadow Raider (orange Lockdown)
    SS-?? KSI Sentry (blue Stinger)
    SS-?? TF3 Ratchet
    (the Vol 1 Retro Rock Garage set is SS-19, which still leaves 15-18 unknown, but could be the three Deluxe redecos in the display)
    Last edited by griffin; 19th July 2018 at 05:37 PM.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Number 24 and 25 in the Studio Series (as a 2-pack)... which means a lot more to come as we are only up to 14 at the moment.

The robot mode for the Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee looks terrible... almost like it hasn't been transformed properly.

And I see that it will be available in gold, with two JP Dino cassettes as "Vol 2", but my excitement at being able to get all four was short lived when I worked out that it was the same two Dino cassettes as in Vol 1, just in different colours.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Number 24 and 25 in the Studio Series (as a 2-pack)... which means a lot more to come as we are only up to 14 at the moment.

The robot mode for the Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee looks terrible... almost like it hasn't been transformed properly.

And I see that it will be available in gold, with two JP Dino cassettes as "Vol 2", but my excitement at being able to get all four was short lived when I worked out that it was the same two Dino cassettes as in Vol 1, just in different colours.

I think the golden exclusive version is properly transformed, or closer to it.

It's what was being speculated: there's the two of them as Autobots and there's the two of them in reversed colours with backwards names as Decepticons - and the pairs are released across two items.

Maybe they wanted to release all four but the other two moulds were unusable? Or maybe the other two will come out as another exclusive down the track.

(Added extra gallery links and list of new toys on display in the first posting)

Voyager bonecrasher ...? ..! They need to do him

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/19/s...-images-368554

Official images of upcoming SS figures,

WOW do I need that Dropkick.

A slight retooling of TR Soundwave and Cassettes Blue Ravage, Buzzsaw and Frenzy have been brought into the Movie line too it seems.
    https://youtu.be/OLppywXXAqs

The Shadow Raider redeco of Lockdown cheapens the point of this "premium" series, and to an extent, the KSI Sentry, as I don't easily recall there being a blue clone running around.
    I understand needing to do redecos to help pay for the moulds, but this is a special series of toys that come with display dioramas to have them out on display as the "best" editions of these characters so far... but slotting in a toy/character that isn't even in the movies, makes it harder to talk up the entire line's purpose.
    And how many people are going to buy Shadow Raider if people are having to pay more for this toyline, because they are basically commemorating the Movie Universe so far.
    These redecos should have been left for another toyline, like for padding out the Bumblebee Movie toyline with random redecos like past Movie toylines have done.

Studio Series is essentially the BB movie main line for standard (non gimmick) figs.