Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey from Sydney

Default Hey from Sydney

Hey guys,

Well, what can I say, I have to admit that apart from watching the transformers movies I havent really been a transformers fan for the past 20 years. I was obsessed with them when I was younger (as I think were most people of my generation) and had several G1 toys but that pretty much ended when the show finished in 87.

Well, I have just returned from a trip to Japan with my 20 month old son and one of the things we did was visit an exhibition in Odaiba about Japanese inventions. One of the things there was a masterpiece Optimus prime - which i fell in love with instantly and which I have since found out was a Takara MP-10. My wife still hasnt forgiven me for spending 20 odd hours of hour holiday researching Optimus Prime on the internet.

Well, after a lot of searching about I tracked one down and bought it (at outrageous ebay prices). I have also since picked up an MP 01 for good measure.

My first intention was to leave it there as Optimus was my favourite character and it made sense I just got him. However, after actually getting hands on with the figure I find that im compelled to get more and am now spending every spare moment I have trawling for them on ebay, bbts or robotkingdom. Already have my pre-order down for the new Ultra Magnus and am currently looking to source a MP 05 Megatron though these seem hard to come by.

If anyone has any tips to pick up characters other than the places listed above please let me know. Its going to send me broke quickly continually buying at ebay prices ($210 for Starscream is looking to be my next purchase and $220 for Hasbro Soundwave) however I could not find any Masterpiece items in local TRU.

Anyway, thats pretty much me... you will most likely find me lurking around for the next few months whilst scouring the world looking to make a decent masterpiece collection.

Welcome to the boards fellow cybertronian.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Welcome to the forums! We all share a similar story.. but you went to Japan and that beats me lol

I have MP-01 and he is AWESOME!! You will love him. You are starting a bit late with collecting (like i did) so things are gonna cost a lot more than when they were released. The trick is to get your masterpiece as soon as its released. I'm after Red Alert and Shockwave and they are hard to find these days especially for a decent price.

Check out Gumtree, EBay and keep your eyes open around the forums! You will get heaps of info and learn from the crew here

HAVE FUN!

Hi and welcome to the forum, it's always nice to have another fellow Sydney member join us.

Quote Originally Posted by maraach View Post
    My first intention was to leave it there as Optimus was my favourite character and it made sense I just got him. However, after actually getting hands on with the figure I find that im compelled to get more and am now spending every spare moment I have trawling for them on ebay, bbts or robotkingdom. Already have my pre-order down for the new Ultra Magnus and am currently looking to source a MP 05 Megatron though these seem hard to come by.
    Yes, once you have opened the gates, you have reached the point of no return!

You could also check online stores such as Robot Kingdom and BBTS, amongst others. Also, sometimes members sell stuff you're after at fairly reasonable prices.

The members here are quite knowledgeable and helpful, so please feel free to ask for any advice in your search.

Thank you very much for the welcomes.

Well my first question..... Hasbro Soundwave or Takara? I love the fact that the Hasbro one has all the cassettes (which are REALLY expensive to buy) however i just wish it had red eyes!

Hello and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by maraach View Post
    Thank you very much for the welcomes.

Well my first question..... Hasbro Soundwave or Takara? I love the fact that the Hasbro one has all the cassettes (which are REALLY expensive to buy) however i just wish it had red eyes!
    Meh. The eye colour doesn't worry me. The fact that it came with 5 cassettes by far outweighed the yellow eyes. But it all comes down to personal preference.

And keep in mind in NSW there are some tight legal requirements around owning MP-05 as it is considered a replica firearm. There are plenty of threads on this board so a search will yield all the info you require
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wow I didn't know getting megatron was going to be that much work. Thank you for the heads up.

Because of my access I don't think I can see members for sale items. However if anyone is looking to sell any masterpiece items please let me know.

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Welcome to the boards !!!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    Welcome to the forums! We all share a similar story.. but you went to Japan and that beats me lol

I have MP-01 and he is AWESOME!! You will love him. You are starting a bit late with collecting (like i did) so things are gonna cost a lot more than when they were released. The trick is to get your masterpiece as soon as its released. I'm after Red Alert and Shockwave and they are hard to find these days especially for a decent price.

Check out Gumtree, EBay and keep your eyes open around the forums! You will get heaps of info and learn from the crew here

HAVE FUN!
    I have to ask now... do you have MP-10 as well? I just got my MP-01 and whilst he is quite an impressive and imposing figure I have to admit I prefer my MP-10 by quite a margin. Personal preference I guess.