Page 224 of 481 FirstFirst ... 204214219220221222223224225226227228229234244 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Damn malware, and damn anti-virus software not catching it in time. I think it's finally cleared, after many reboots and a fresh download of anti-malware on another computer. The constant "this application needs permission to run" messages haven't come back since my last reboot. I'm usually so careful, but it just takes one bad webpage...

Gf left our lumix camera in a taxi last night that we paid 800 for a few years ago... can buy a similar spec one today for around 300..... silver lining

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Gf left our lumix camera in a taxi last night that we paid 800 for a few years ago... can buy a similar spec one today for around 300..... silver lining
    Nooooooooooo. If only it was Reflector, they could all transform and fly back to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Nooooooooooo. If only it was Reflector, they could all transform and fly back to ya.
    if only.... it's getting better (no sarcasm). the replacement model is actually 40% better in zoom and mp's and i found one for $258 on ebay. or i could get one duty free in a couple of months..

Quote Originally Posted by trevorlucks View Post
    my wife as much as I love her (10yrs 2 kids and going strong)
    hates my love of collecting i get the money thing but,she has this whole thing where she likes to point out that none of her friends husbands collect toys.I'm curious how many guys on here are married with kids in there 30's and how about the women on here give us a shout out of support let me know it's not just a guy hobby
    Married, over 30 and one 4 month old here.

My wife has accepted it and just likes to tease me for being a huge nerd. Though I like to remind her she was the software engineer.

Hobbies are supposed to be a bit of fun and bring you enjoyment, so as long as it is ticking those boxes then that is the main thing. Most people don't seem to "get it" when it comes to toy collecting, but that's ok, different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I hear ya buddy. Just keep going until she gives up

Almost same boat, but she has accepted it now.

Really, our hobby is no different from say, guys who mess about with cars and stuff. Only we probably have more fun, and spend less money!
    Lol. You don't know how right you are. I used to be into cars. I did supersprinting, skid pans, dirt days etc, 1-2 a month. And each of those days cost between $200-$500. Plus one year I worked out i dropped 1/2 of the money I earned that year into modding the engine and suspension of one said car (about 30K all up). The GF was the only reason that wasnt 4/5 of my income.

And to top it all off, you're never happy with it. You always want that little bit more power.

So yeah, collecting TFs is definately better than being into cars.

hates my love of collecting i get the money thing but,she has this whole thing where she likes to point out that none of her friends husbands collect toys.I'm curious how many guys on here are married with kids in there 30's and how about the women on here give us a shout out of support let me know it's not just a guy hobby
    It's not just a guy hobby at all! I'm a woman, in my mid-twenties and I love collecting TFs, PVC statues and figmas of the Vocaloids and anything else that catches my attention, usually anime related. One of my best friends (also female) who is only a year younger than me collects Pokemon figures and merch, Breyer horses and My Little Ponies.

Kinda weird that collectors don't seem to marry collectors. I could never be with someone who laughed at my collections.

No collectors can not marry collectors! All the money would be spent :P Need to marry other people to help balance it out

^ That's a fair point. My wife does not collect and doesn't have a hobby at all. She's rather enjoying my semi-retired from collecting status ATM... means more money for both of us and the mortgage.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

i am 34 and have been married 12 years and have 2 kids 5 and 3, i have been collecting transformers for about 10 years before that it was lord of the rings figures and before that it was star wars figures and i guess she dosent understand it but she is supportive and i am budgeted to have $35 a week pocket money to spend on what i want which mainly ends up being on transformers, it could be worse i could want to go put to the pub and piss all the money away.