Thread: Movie Blackout/Grindor transformation help

Default Movie Blackout/Grindor transformation help

I just got Grindor and Blackout Voyager Classes. I'm just curious. How does the auto morph gimmick work? Do have to assist the head/cockpit piece when transforming it? Also for grindor the waste doesn't seem to wanna lock in, how do you fix these?

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    I just got Grindor and Blackout Voyager Classes. I'm just curious. How does the auto morph gimmick work? Do have to assist the head/cockpit piece when transforming it? Also for grindor the waste doesn't seem to wanna lock in, how do you fix these?
    There are a few transformation reviews on youtube that might be able to help you out. Search 'Transformers Blackout' with or without 'transformation' or 'review'.

Both problems you mentioned are also mentioned in this review.

(moved this request into this section as it's own topic)

Well when you transform your Grindor, does the waste lock on nice and tight? Or does it lock and come loose real easy?

Like Griff said, look up a review of it. Generally the downsides (such as loose kibble) will be pointed out. Peaugh especially likes to complain about kibble and loose parts (always the 'maybe its just mine' speech).

grindor should transform the same as blackout. its just a repaint. not sure on the waist part as it was sealed so i wouldnt know it should be the same as blackout?

Yes, the same, but not necessarily as good as the original. As a mould gets more used (with redecos), the parts can sometimes not fit together as well as they did with their first release.
    Blackout has so far been redone as Whirl, Evac and Grindor (not to mention several versions of Blackout during 2007), so a bit of wearing out of the mould on all those tiny interlocking bits is kinda expected on the last version (Grindor).

My Grindor has a 'looser' waist than my Blackout (which is understandable from mould degradation making the locking tabs smaller), but not loose enough to pop out of mine without jiggling the whole toy around. Besides, I keep the backpack on like a tripod, which also prevents the legs/waist from popping out and swinging back.
    I didn't check the other 3 versions I have of this mould, because they are buried at the back of their shelves.

Ok, far enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yes, the same, but not necessarily as good as the original. As a mould gets more used (with redecos), the parts can sometimes not fit together as well as they did with their first release.
    Blackout has so far been redone as Whirl, Evac and Grindor (not to mention several versions of Blackout during 2007), so a bit of wearing out of the mould on all those tiny interlocking bits is kinda expected on the last version (Grindor).

My Grindor has a 'looser' waist than my Blackout (which is understandable from mould degradation making the locking tabs smaller), but not loose enough to pop out of mine without jiggling the whole toy around. Besides, I keep the backpack on like a tripod, which also prevents the legs/waist from popping out and swinging back.
    I didn't check the other 3 versions I have of this mould, because they are buried at the back of their shelves.