Thread: Bumblebee Movie at IMAX Melbourne - CANCELLED (see post 2)

Default Bumblebee Movie at IMAX Melbourne - CANCELLED (see post 2)

The sixth Transformers Movie is coming to IMAX in 3D in Australia... for one week only though, from December 20th to 26th.
    Since the Sydney IMAX is still yet to re-open, it is up to the Melbourne IMAX to be the sole host of the IMAX format of the new Movie.

The Melbourne IMAX website is here, with tickets from $17 to $30.

Tickets don't appear to be on sale yet.

Bad news guys.... Melbourne IMAX has had to cancel its screening of the Bumblebee Movie in 3D, allegedly due to a (last minute?) editing of the 3D IMAX version - which I haven't heard anything official from any other source yet. If this is true, it would mean that the more profitable IMAX screenings around the world, won't start until after the general release of the movie on December 20th.

From Melbourne IMAX on Monday (DEC 3rd)....
    I wanted to follow up to your email from the weekend as unfortunately, we will not be releasing Bumblebee 3D. A new edit of the film is currently being created and this means that a 3D version won't be ready in time for us to release it here. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

It sounds really unusual... being so last minute (if true), considering that the regular 2D version was obviously completed, as it has already had advance screenings in England and Germany in the last three days.
    (then again... people had said they noticed some minor edits in the 2007 Movie, between it's world premiere in Sydney, and it's general release a couple weeks later)

(this is why the link in the first post now redirects to their main times/sessions page)

They sent me another message to say that even if the finished version of the Bumblebee movie is made available, their schedule for the next two months is too full to accommodate it, so won't be screening it at all now.

(as a side-note, I asked if they had screened TF5 last year, and they said it was also a single week release... which is why I didn't even notice it, and I was probably out of the country for it too - with number 6 not showing on IMAX in Australia, I guess my tradition of travelling interstate to see each Transformers movie on IMAX is well and truly broken. )